Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 455

Thread: Lady Deacs 2020

  1. #221
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Still on the bubble according to ESPN's expert. A win right now vs. State would be huge. Down 18-15 at the end of the 1st.

  2. #222
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Down 39-26 at the half. It was tied at 24-24 with 6:46 left in the 2nd.

  3. #223
    NC State on a 25-3 run. We'll bounce back next game.
    (Not a parody)

  4. #224
    Not a good outing at all. No one had a good night from the floor. An especially slow night for Gina. They know they can do better.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch Deac View Post
    Not a good outing at all. No one had a good night from the floor. An especially slow night for Gina. They know they can do better.
    Well, State is pretty good. Like some have stated, there is a much bigger divide between the top 5 women's teams in the country and bubble teams, then in the men's game. Have to see how they bounce back.
    boorish ruffian

  6. #226
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    ESPN has the women the first team out.

    https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...l-shapes-sizes

    Iím going to be so pissed if our women get left out after 33 and Carolina makes it in.

  7. #227
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736

    Lady Deacs 2020

    ESPN has the women the first team out.

    https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...l-shapes-sizes

    Iím going to be so pissed if our women get left out after 33 years and Carolina makes it in.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 02-24-2021 at 11:20 AM.

  8. #228
    Prepare to be pissed.

  9. #229
    Any chance Raca and/or Conti come back next season? Didn't know if the NCAA exemption applies?

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDeac View Post
    Any chance Raca and/or Conti come back next season? Didn't know if the NCAA exemption applies?
    I listened to the LD Williams B-Ho podcast this week. Conti and Raca were the special guests...When asked about plans after this season both of them said they plan to play professionally.

  11. #231
    yeah , neither one of them even mentioned coming back as a possibility which was kind of surprising to me.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    yeah , neither one of them even mentioned coming back as a possibility which was kind of surprising to me.
    Just listened to it. I agree. Not like thereís big bucks seating them in pro womenís ball. Guess theyíre just ready to move on to the next part of life

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDeac View Post
    Any chance Raca and/or Conti come back next season? Didn't know if the NCAA exemption applies?
    Can they come back and play on the men's team? I'd be a talent upgrade.
    boorish ruffian

  14. #234
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDeac View Post
    Just listened to it. I agree. Not like thereís big bucks seating them in pro womenís ball. Guess theyíre just ready to move on to the next part of life
    The average salary in the WNBA is $100K. They can make even more playing overseas.

    Thatís not NBA money and Iím sure itís not much to plenty of posters but itís real world big bucks.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDeac View Post
    Just listened to it. I agree. Not like thereís big bucks seating them in pro womenís ball. Guess theyíre just ready to move on to the next part of life
    I mean playing for free in lovely Winston-Salem ainít exactly exciting either

  16. #236
    Huge game (almost an elimination game) for the Lady Deacs tonight at Miami. Miami is 9-10 (6-10). WF beat Miami in W-S 63-60. If WF wins, they are assured of a winning record for the season. A loss and WF drops to 11-10, and plays at tough FSU on Sunday.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Huge game (almost an elimination game) for the Lady Deacs tonight at Miami. Miami is 9-10 (6-10). WF beat Miami in W-S 63-60. If WF wins, they are assured of a winning record for the season. A loss and WF drops to 11-10, and plays at tough FSU on Sunday.
    Hope our ladies can salvage what's been an otherwise miserable week.
    boorish ruffian

  18. #238

  19. #239
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    On the ESPN app. 37-33 early in the 3rd.

  20. #240
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    This is a tough game. Been within 2 to 5 points for pretty much the whole game but haven't broken through. Just can't hit a shot or get consecutive stops down 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •