Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 455

Thread: Lady Deacs 2020

  1. #361
    Hopefully Hoover can use this as a springboard for better days for the program.

  2. #362
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Here is the most basic of previews of the game.
    https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...meId=401311210

    OK State's best player is 6-4 F Natasha Mack. First team All-Big XII. Defensive POY. She averages 19.8 pts, 12.3 reb, 2 stl, 4.1 blk. She had a 28/17/10 blocks triple double with 6 steals earlier this season. We've struggled with top tier bigs all season and she's going to be a very tough matchup.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDeac View Post
    Which means we'd knock off #1 seed Stanford.
    Women's bb is so much more top-heavy than the men's game. It would be interesting to know the comparison over the last 25 years or so between the two to see how many winners of the 8/9 game have upset the 1 seed.
    In Coach Hoover's press conference that Les has posted, she talks about how top heavy women's basketball has been for such a long time. Only recently has better parity started to creep in. She was stressed the importance of our facilities in being able to recruit top players.

    Remember that this is her first year out of the last few years that she's not had significant injury issues knocking out some of her best players.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Minideac View Post
    In Coach Hoover's press conference that Les has posted, she talks about how top heavy women's basketball has been for such a long time. Only recently has better parity started to creep in. She was stressed the importance of our facilities in being able to recruit top players.

    Remember that this is her first year out of the last few years that she's not had significant injury issues knocking out some of her best players.
    There is more parity because there are more quality women players. When TN and UCONN dominated hoop, the difference between the top 10 women's players and all others was massive. That's how a team like CONN reels off a seemingly endless string of titles. Now, there is a deeper field of women's players which leads to more quality teams that at least have a chance pull some upsets.

  5. #365
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736

    Lady Deacs 2020

    Weíre only about five generations into girls playing basketball and three generations into almost every D-1 program field womenís basketball programs. The womenís tourney field has only been 64 since 1994.

    The game is only going to get deeper year to year.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    There is more parity because there are more quality women players. When TN and UCONN dominated hoop, the difference between the top 10 women's players and all others was massive. That's how a team like CONN reels off a seemingly endless string of titles. Now, there is a deeper field of women's players which leads to more quality teams that at least have a chance pull some upsets.
    Yes, Coach Hoover talked about the top players used to all go to the same schools, but now there are more top players.

  7. #367
    donít think iíve ever watched the lady deacs before

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Here is the most basic of previews of the game.
    https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...meId=401311210

    OK State's best player is 6-4 F Natasha Mack. First team All-Big XII. Defensive POY. She averages 19.8 pts, 12.3 reb, 2 stl, 4.1 blk. She had a 28/17/10 blocks triple double with 6 steals earlier this season. We've struggled with top tier bigs all season and she's going to be a very tough matchup.
    6'11 wing span
    (Not a parody)

  9. #369
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Natasha Mack is more intimidating than Big Country. Holy shit. 6-11 wingspan. 4.1 blks a game.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by IAppreciateIt View Post
    donít think iíve ever watched the lady deacs before
    I was just coming to comment I think this has to be the 1st time we've ever been on national television.

  11. #371
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    First play we go right to Morra posting up against Mack and she scorers. Same thing again. Wow. Bold move, Jen.

  12. #372
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Interesting. Theyíve switched Mack on Raca now. Morra has all 6 points on post ups.

  13. #373
    In...watching...go Deacs!
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  14. #374
    Fun game to watch so far

  15. #375
    #5 seems really solid at pg

    edit: of course as soon as i say that a silly TO

  16. #376
    15-15 1Q

    Hoover will take that start to stay even. Mack is a beast inside.

  17. #377
    Good D by Wake on the last second out of bounds play.

  18. #378
    Not a lot of experience watching the ladies play...

    Less aggressive defense and play overall, fewer fouls, not as good hands or ball handling compared to the men. Decent shooting and passing.

    And pretty enjoyable to watch.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  19. #379
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,736
    Good start.

    #5 Conti is an excellent steady pass first PG who can get hot with her shot when she looks for it.

  20. #380
    Danger zone
    boorish ruffian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •