• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Held them to 15 points in the 1st. Gave up 69 the rest of the game.

(TITCR). It’s actually an interesting early referendum on Currie. Will he go the Smilin’ Ron route and extend her and say “she’s doing it the right way and our kids go to class” or say thanks for your effort but it’s time to take this to another level.

so where are we? was this KState in the first four (people remember how hard Wake pushed the narrative on fans that week, right?) or are we on to something real? i'm sure they won't move on her, but without Conti and Raca kinda looks like we'll most certainly take a step backwards next year

Hoover isn't going to be let go after leading Wake to our second NCAA Tourney ever, especially since she was the best player on the only other tourney team. But they do need to make it back next year, which will be tough.

Jen (and IMHO, she will be coaching Wake) will have a younger team next year, but she brought in some decent young players and recruits. Christina Morra will be the returning veteran starter.

Jewell Spear, All ACC freshman team. Demeara Hinds, Fr. 6-2 forward, two time Georgia All state. Player of the year candidate.

Malaya Cowles, who arrived in Jan. 6-3 Top 10 national center. Raegyn Conley | G | 6-0 | Chattanooga, TN/Baylor School. Earned a 91 overall rating and four-star status from ESPNW. Rated the No. 60 recruit in the country and the No. 11 wing player nationally by ESPNW. Plus 5-9 guard Elise Williams from Raleigh.

All the graduating seniors could return...

Hoover isn't going to be let go after leading Wake to our second NCAA Tourney ever, especially since she was the best player on the only other tourney team. But they do need to make it back next year, which will be tough.

I think this is correct.

I thought we were losing a ton of players off this year's team but I must be wrong. Hope so anyway.

I think this is correct.

I thought we were losing a ton of players off this year's team but I must be wrong. Hope so anyway.

We are only losing two players who played but only return two players who were consistently productive.

We are only losing two players who played but only return two players who were consistently productive.

There are a number of frosh and incoming who have decent to very good credentials. We will see how that potential translates into wins.

2 years from now we need to be back here with significant positive momentum in the program.

There are a number of frosh and incoming who have decent to very good credentials. We will see how that potential translates into wins.

This team desperately needed a fifth player to step up all season. I watched almost all the ACC games this season. Scruggs and Summiel barely registered. Harrison looked like a decent backup PG in limited minutes. If anybody else could have contributed, I think they would have played more. This team had two stars and two reliable role players and the two stars are gone. Spear is an excellent spot up shooter. If she learns how to create her own shot and get to the basket, she'll be fantastic. Morra has good energy and hustle, but she'll be overmatched by the talented bigs on good teams without stars like Conti and Raca to draw attention.

#9 Washington State (12-11) made the tournament for the first time since 1991 and lost in a much closer game than ours.

Last edited:
2 years from now we need to be back here with significant positive momentum in the program.

Can’t all the seniors return since this year does not count towards eligibility because of cv19?

Can’t all the seniors return since this year does not count towards eligibility because of cv19?

Yes, but apparently they've said they're going pro.

Didn’t know you could make a living play basketball if you were on a 12-13 team.

If Raca came back this team could be solid. They need size to hang with any of the better teams.

If Raca came back this team could be solid. They need size to hang with any of the better teams.

If Racca comes back, the front line could be 6-2 or taller at all three spots. Racca, Morra and frosh Cowles (a top 60 recruit).

Last edited:
Back