Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 453

Thread: Lady Deacs 2020

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Watched a good bit of it, good gutty win for the Ladies. Wonder why they haven't had the Covid problems the man have had. Glad they haven't and hopefully won't.
    The ladies didn't play Delaware State (who still hasn't played another game). Instead, the women played in a legit early season event with other colleges that had protocols in place.

  2. #22
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703
    Tomorrow's opponent Norfolk State is halting basketball activities due to COVID.
    https://www.wtkr.com/sports/norfolk-...ue-to-covid-19

    Next game is Thursday night at 7 vs. #4 NC State.

    Our women received 5 votes in last week's AP poll.
    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...sociated-press

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Tomorrow's opponent Norfolk State is halting basketball activities due to COVID.
    https://www.wtkr.com/sports/norfolk-...ue-to-covid-19

    Next game is Thursday night at 7 vs. #4 NC State.

    Our women received 5 votes in last week's AP poll.
    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...sociated-press
    Congrats to the women. First time in a while they've been mentioned in the polls. Now beat NC State.

  4. #24
    Lady Deacs up to #26 in the AP Poll out today. Just a couple of votes out of the Top 25. Tough one coming up against Top 5 NCSt.

  5. #25
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703

    Lady Deacs 2020

    I donít remember the women ever having a game where we could say theyíll be ranked if they win.

    Itís possible that theyíll be ranked after a close loss to State and win vs. UNC again on Sunday.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I donít remember the women ever having a game where we could say theyíll be ranked if they win.

    Itís possible that theyíll be ranked after a close loss to State and win vs. UNC again on Sunday.
    Was fortunate enough to be at Wake last time the ladies were ranked. I remember them playing against Andrea Stinson in Reynolds Gym with it so packed people were sitting on rafters.

  7. #27
    Big game tonight for the lady Deacs. Chance to beat the #4 overall ranked Wolfpack. Game is on FSS at 7. I'm traveling for work and have nothing better to do than watch ladies hoops from my hotel room. We have some talent...Conti and Raca are the real deal

  8. #28
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703

    Lady Deacs 2020

    No Fox Sports on YouTubeTV and itís blacked out on the ESPN App. Thanks Sinclair.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Big game tonight for the lady Deacs. Chance to beat the #4 overall ranked Wolfpack. Game is on FSS at 7. I'm traveling for work and have nothing better to do than watch ladies hoops from my hotel room. We have some talent...Conti and Raca are the real deal
    Going to be a tall order, bigger separation in the women's game between the top 10 teams and the teams in the 25-50 range.
    boorish ruffian

  10. #30
    Getting smoked already. Think we may lack the size to compete with the big boys or girls.
    boorish ruffian

  11. #31
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703
    Down 25-7 with 3:23 left in the 1Q.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Down 25-7 with 3:23 left in the 1Q.
    33-14 now, State on pace for 132 points.
    boorish ruffian

  13. #33
    Overwhelmed tonight but program has improved with Hoover.

  14. #34
    Outscored them the last 30 minutes

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Outscored them the last 30 minutes
    State couldn't miss in the 1st quarter.
    boorish ruffian

  16. #36
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    3,451
    In a close one @UNC.

  17. #37
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703

    Lady Deacs 2020

    Deacs came back from down 10 in the 4th. Took a 3 point lead. Had the ball with a chance to win and missed a layup. Going into OT.


    Down 6 now with just over a minute left. Havenít scored in OT.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 12-20-2020 at 04:01 PM.

  18. #38
    Down 5 with 0:21.9 left

  19. #39
    Wake ball. Down 3. 6.6 seconds remaining

  20. #40
    Conti misses 3 at buzzer. Holes win

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •