• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

This team is a lot of fun to watch. I'm happy for Hoover that she finally has a healthy roster and what being snakebitten year after year by injuries that derailed what could have been solid seasons.

Conti 6-10 from 3 but Wake down 10 to ND with 4 minutes left. ND scoring in the paint with ease.

Valiant comeback came up short. Conti was 8-12 from deep with 29 points.

ND’s post players killed us. Two bigs had 39 points.

Valiant comeback came up short. Conti was 8-12 from deep with 29 points.

ND’s post players killed us. Two bigs had 39 points.

That seems to be the real weakness of the ladies team, we lack size inside. Pretty solid in other areas and fun to watch play.

That seems to be the real weakness of the ladies team, we lack size inside. Pretty solid in other areas and fun to watch play.

Christina Morra and Olivia Summiel have been decent. Yesterday was more a factor of ND's guards breaking down WF perimeter, help came, and then ND's bigs had wide-open layups.

Christina Morra and Olivia Summiel have been decent. Yesterday was more a factor of ND's guards breaking down WF perimeter, help came, and then ND's bigs had wide-open layups.

Seeing how they were abused inside, I checked to see if Wake had any other inside players. Myra Banks at 6-4 is listed as being on the team, but hasn't played. Any info?

Seeing how they were abused inside, I checked to see if Wake had any other inside players. Myra Banks at 6-4 is listed as being on the team, but hasn't played. Any info?

I haven't covered them or talked to Jen this season, but I know going into last season Maya Banks was set to be leaned on heavily for post presence and she got hurt early and missed almost the entire year. This is speculation, but she might be in a situation similar to Nasir Greer and Terrance Davis in that the COVID shutdown really hindered her rehab.

Down 7 at Virginia tech at the half. Ralph Kitley's daughter has double figures points and rebounds and 3 blocks at the half. needless to say this team would be a lot better than it is now with a post presence like that

Big win. On Maya Banks, I don't think she's practicing, and was pretty much a non-factor last year.

The women are struggling big time vs. Tech. 41-22 with 6:32 left in the 3rd. They've only scored 8 points since the 1st Q and 0 so far in the 3rd.

Goes without saying, but the talent gap between this game and the #3 UConn vs. #25 Tenn game is massive. Now it's 46-26.

Last edited:
I watched parts of the first half. Announcers were talking like this was the year for the Lady Deacs to make the NCAA's...they haven't been since 1988, longest drought in major college women's hoops. Said it would be a nice circle closing story, since Coach Hoover played on that team. It was straight out of the SID's talking points.

Next thing you knew, the Deacs were down 20.

The women play #1 Louisville tomorrow. Louisville has destroyed every opponent they've faced by one by double digits.

Doing a surprisingly good job on the boards and making tough shots. Hope it can continue.

Wake up 3 after 3/4. Needless to say I don't imagine our women's team has ever beaten the number one team in the nation.

Damn, this would be a huge win for Jen. Did not see this coming after that loss to GT. Expected a bloodbath.

Back