• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Missed an open 3 to win game at buzzer. Still, great effort, learning event, and confidence builder, I hope.

So, so proud of these lady Deacs!! Wow, what an effort. Congrats to Coach Hoover!!

What a heartbreaking loss.

Yes, a heartbreaking loss. But on the positive side, this team should now realize that they can play competitively with any team in the country.
Hopefully, this game for the ladies and the Pitt win for the guys, will both be the spark that gets them to the next level.

Really not sure how anybody could consider North Carolina ahead of us on the NCAA bubble.

Yeah. UNC doesn't seem to have much of a resume. Meanwhile, our women have a Top 5 RPI win over Missouri State (#5 RPI, #25 Coaches, barely out of the AP). Missouri State's only loss was to similarly ranked SD State (#25 AP). Our women are #28 RPI and UNC is #105 by the way.

hope they make it - the L'ville game might haunt them (i'm guessing they'd be firmly in on most projections with that W). Will be interesting to see them in postseason - they are one of those "could beat anyone / could lose to anyone" type of teams on a given night

The way to ensure a berth in the NCAA tournament is to win the large majority of the remaining nine games on the schedule. Advancing in the ACC tourney should also prove beneficial. Winning the conference tournament makes the Dance a certainty.

Tough three point home loss to Clemson. Several missed opportunities down the stretch. Lady Deacs will have to get on the other side of the bubble with some February road wins.

Tough three point home loss to Clemson. Several missed opportunities down the stretch. Lady Deacs will have to get on the other side of the bubble with some February road wins.

They got killed on the boards and that was the difference. The ladies lack a little quickness and size and it really hurts them at times.

Average is about the best the women can do after tons of years with Hoover. Still feel like they could do better than they do with her.

Women up 19-18 vs Cuse after 1. Conti with 12 and Spear with 5. Getting killed inside by Cuse’s size.

Down 8 going to the 4th, Cuse has some amazons.

Yeah. They literally have a 6-7 freshman from
Brazil with 10/12 and 5 blocks. Feels like half the shots in the paint have been blocked or altered.

She finished with 16/13 and 6 blocks. Geez.

I hope there are a few 6-4+ girls at home who want to play for Wake one day.

Women lose 83-75.

Last edited:
Yeah. They literally have a 6-7 freshman from
Brazil with 10/12 and 5 blocks. Feels like half the shots in the paint have been blocked or altered.

She finished with 16/13 and 6 blocks. Geez.

I hope there are a few 6-4+ girls at home who want to play for Wake one day.

Women lose 83-75.

And yet we kept trying to shoot over her. definition of insanity.

Yeah. Raca (6-21) and Morra (7-13) led the team in FGA, mostly in the paint. Conti barely got any shots off after scoring 12 in the 1st until getting some easy layups late.

Cardoso, the 6-7 freshman, did her damage in only 24 minutes.

8-8 overall, 5-7 ACC. Need a pretty strong finish to have a chance of making the tourney.

I would give Hoover more time based on this season. I can only remember two or three other times in thirty-plus years when the gals were this competitive.

This is her ninth year and her record at Wake is 122-148 and 42-102 in the ACC. She deserves to be fired. She epitomizes LOWF at it's best. I think Currie will let her go, it's time for her to go.

Back