• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Losing Kitley (and if you could have gotten Cayla King as a package deal all the better) is no big deal as long as you don't care that this program will stumble along at the bottom of the ACC for the gazillionth straight year. Looks like VT is turning their season around after losing to us at home and could land an NCAA spot.

If you are looking to build a program, what better opportunity is going to present itself?

Manning 78–111 (.413) 30–80 (.273)
[Redacted] 51–76 (.402) 17–51 (.250)

Coming into this season:
Hoover 114-140 (.450) 38-92 (.292)

Mike Petersen was actually over .500 at Wake before leaving for North Texas. He's an assistant coach with the Atlanta Dream now. Hoover is 4 wins away from overtaking Petersen for the most wins at Wake.

Lady Deacs have 6 acc games left. I think Hoover and the team needs to win 4 of 6 or she's gone.

Lady Deacs have 6 acc games left. I think Hoover and the team needs to win 4 of 6 or she's gone.

should have been a doubleheader in getting rid of both coaches last year if we could have afforded it. same basic record as the prior two mens coaches and they are both gone

Their next game is against Georgia Tech. The lady deacs got destroyed the last time they played the Ramblin Wreck. Let's see if they do better on Sunday

Former Charlotte, North Texas, and Texas head coach Karen Acton is still available after getting fired by Texas last year. Career 285–146 (.661) coach, 184–83 (.689) at Texas. Got fired because she couldn’t get past Baylor. Coached in six straight NCAATs.

Former Charlotte, North Texas, and Texas head coach Karen Acton is still available after getting fired by Texas last year. Career 285–146 (.661) coach, 184–83 (.689) at Texas. Got fired because she couldn’t get past Baylor. Coached in six straight NCAATs.

The Piedmont Triad produces a lot of high quality D-1 women's basketball talent. Perhaps more than male talent. If the WFU woman's coaches could keep a couple of those players close to home, Lady Deac fortunes would greatly improve. It's almost like they don't even recruit the area. And they continue to flounder.

Last edited:

Courtside Karen!

Sucked in everything or in basketball? While the men's and women's programs have been awful for too long (and that's a really important sport), but other than that, WF athletics have been solid. As an ACC school, basketball is a bell-weather sport, but while you wouldn't know it from the prevalent attitude on this board, WF athletics has a good reputation, and is a destination school for athletes in a lot of sports.

Basketball and to a lesser extent football. I overstated it, and yes, Wake does well in other sports. But it's hard to get pre-teen boys interested in watching cross-country meets and women's field hockey.

Although the program has 3 NCAA Titles under their belts (2002, 2003, & 2004), Field Hockey has fallen on hard times the last 6 years and are now bottom feeders in the ACC.

We did make the final four in field hockey 2 years ago. There was an issue and a program cleansing several years ago that we've never recovered from really.

There's always men's tennis, I guess. . . .

As of right now Wake is 1 in women’s golf, 2 in men’s soccer, 10 in men’s golf, 14 in men’s tennis, 16 in women’s tennis, 17 in baseball, and 19 in cross country.

I'm an occasional practice squad player for the Women's team and I think she's a pretty good coach from what I've seen. Granted, I haven't seen any other coaches. She certainly cares a lot and hates losing.

I'm an occasional practice squad player for the Women's team and I think she's a pretty good coach from what I've seen. Granted, I haven't seen any other coaches. She certainly cares a lot and hates losing.

I like Jen Hoover as I have seen her at multiple WFU games for other sports. I feel like she really loves WFU, and I wish her the best. I really hope she can get her program turned around.

I have heard that our # 1 Tennis player, Bar Botzer, has left WFU and has enrolled at UVA. He cannot play this year but can play at UVA for the next two years. Has anyone else heard that?

I like Jen Hoover as I have seen her at multiple WFU games for other sports. I feel like she really loves WFU, and I wish her the best. I really hope she can get her program turned around.

I have heard that our # 1 Tennis player, Bar Botzer, has left WFU and has enrolled at UVA. He cannot play this year but can play at UVA for the next two years. Has anyone else heard that?

Bar has definitely left the team, but I have not heard anything about him going to UVA. I think that's probably incorrect info, but I could be wrong.

Loves WFU and hates to lose should be bare minimums for a coach especially an alum.

Great road win for the Ladys 61-52 at 11-3 Ga Tech. Conti and Raca were money. FSS

That’s a big win. GT is good and just recently beat us by 30 at Wake.

Last edited:
Back