• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Up 39-34 at the half. Spear with 17 points, 5-6 from deep.

my rule of thumb with college hoop is that if at halftime the game is close and one team is shooting out of its ass from 3, that team will revert to the mean in H2 and lose

I hope that does not apply here, obviously

my rule of thumb with college hoop is that if at halftime the game is close and one team is shooting out of its ass from 3, that team will revert to the mean in H2 and lose

I hope that does not apply here, obviously

I think that's the case in a brewing upset or even a mild upset, but not between two very evenly matched teams. Wake won by 3 in the first meeting and lost by 3 in OT in the second meeting. Also in this case, it's a player who shoots 39% from deep.

Tie game 47-47. I doubt either team will be up by more than 5 the rest of the game.

UNC is killing us on the break and inside. Our women are missing layups. There are definitely some similarities between the women and men in terms of relying on getting hot from deep and lack of post offense. The women have much more talent though.

Conti came up huge to end the 3rd. Big shots, big steals, big assists to key an 11-4 run. Deacs up 58-54.

Last edited:
Fouls not called the same at both ends.

We only have 3 fouls and we're in the bonus. The officiating is working out fine. Up 74-67 with 2:20 left.

Better now than a good period earlier. After my post, things got better - evened up more.

Last edited:
Spear with a Randolph Childress Esque tourney showing.

Looks like we are going to wrap this one up. Win tomorrow locks up a bid.

Win tomorrow is no brainer we are in lose tomorrow night sweating time

Update please.
Did we close out this game?

Win tomorrow is no brainer we are in lose tomorrow night sweating time

Is there really a chance of a bid if WF loses tomorrow? The Lady Deacs would be 12-12. Realize this year is unique, but has a .500 or below team ever received an NCAA at-large bid in either the men's or women's tournament?

Update please.
Did we close out this game?

Oh yeah. 82-71 win. The last 12 minutes were brilliant. Spear with 29, 10-15 (7-10 from 3). Conti had 13 pts, 12 ast. Raca had 21/12. Morra had 10.

Spear in the interview said she's looking for payback vs. Louisville tomorrow. Believes they can play with anybody in the country.

Is there really a chance of a bid if WF loses tomorrow? The Lady Deacs would be 12-12. Realize this year is unique, but has a .500 or below team ever received an NCAA at-large bid in either the men's or women's tournament?

12-12, finished 9th in the conference, NET rating in the 50s. I don't see it.

But the bracketologies have us 2 or 3 spots out and UNC firmly in the field. Based on that, an 11 point tournament win should help.

In 2019, 4 at-large major conference teams got in with 12 losses. And UNC made it at 18-14. So that's where we are.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. 82-71 win. The last 12 minutes were brilliant. Spear with 29, 10-15 (7-10 from 3). Conti had 13 pts, 12 ast. Raca had 21/12. Morra had 10.

Spear in the interview said she's looking for payback vs. Louisville tomorrow. Believes they can play with anybody in the country.

Love that interview from spear. This team deserves a tournament bid and it would be a damn shame if they didn't get it

Like her confidence, but probably best left unsaid, at least publically.

All the women's basketball commentators on Twitter seem to think we are in.

All the women's basketball commentators on Twitter seem to think we are in.

Hope they are on the committee. BTW, I believe that there is a Women's NIT this year, and one of the four regions will be held in Charlotte. You know times are lean for WF sports, when a Women's NIT bid is the high point of the winter sports season.

Oh yeah is right.
Great way to pull ahead at the end. Especially good against the heels.
Hope they saved some for tomorrow

Back