• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Good 2nd quarter, but those two threes in the last minute by Van Lith were HUGE. She's the only L'ville player with more than 4 points. I'm also worried that they've held Evans in check and L'ville is still up. Evans is their only All-ACC player. By comparison, State has 3. If she goes off in the 2nd half, we have no chance.

Our women are hustling and playing good D overall. But they've got to do something extra to pull this out.

Last edited:
WF is 15-19 from the line. UL has not attempted a FT.

Unfortunately still trailing, and no player for UL has more than 3 fouls

Win or lose we are playing them close which was important.

Don't have the sound on, but it looks like Harrison may get 2 FTs for getting fouled on a follow up shot at the buzzer.

Yeah. She got the FTs for the lead. She hit the first, missed the second. Tie game 44-44.

Win or lose we are playing them close which was important.

Hope so. If they want to take the best 30+ at large teams, WF has played top 5 L'ville tough twice. Should show that WF is competitive against anyone.

That run may be too much to overcome.

Yeah. It was tied 46-46 at 8:06. Raca made a layup to make it 59-48 at 3:44. Now it's 61-51 with just over 2 min left.

The whole game came down to those two threes at the end of the half by Van Lith and that 13-0 run. Van Lith was the only L'ville player in double figures with 24. Held the POY to 3-15 and 8 pts and lost by 12.

I think this team deserves to get in based on its resume.

Hope you get the opportunity to lobby the committee. BTW, does anyone know the scope ACC representation on the selection committee. On the men's side, it seems like close bubble decisions strongly lean toward to the team that has some connection to committee members.

The chair of the Women's Basketball selection committee is the Duke Deputy AD (Nina King). I would guess she is the only ACC representative on the committee.

Can't recall any game at any level in which the losing team outscored the winning team 18-0 at the FT line

Hope you get the opportunity to lobby the committee. BTW, does anyone know the scope ACC representation on the selection committee. On the men's side, it seems like close bubble decisions strongly lean toward to the team that has some connection to committee members.
At the end of the day I don't see how any selection committee could say OK here's Michigan state whose 2nd or 3rd best win is over a 9-13 Penn state team and compare that to us with 6 wins over NCAA tournament teams and put them in the field ahead of us.

Back