• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Conti to the portal doesn't reflect well on this program.

Odd, but I guess she thinks she can improve her future pro prospects somewhere high profile. WBB is basically 6-8 top programs and then everyone else.

Really not that odd with the new transfer rules. Conti has done everything she can at Wake. She only gets one college career. Why not see if she can move to one of the elite programs and play for the title?

Really not that odd with the new transfer rules. Conti has done everything she can at Wake. She only gets one college career. Why not see if she can move to one of the elite programs and play for the title?

Agree, but it's still a punch in the balls. Particularly, if she chooses another ACC school.

She gave four years to the program and probably wants to grad transfer to improve her pro prospects and contend for a championship. That's just the nature of things nowadays. Time for Coach Hoover to go out and get some quality grad transfers herself.

A graduate degree and the experience with an additional program will enhance her value as a pro player or coach. I see a bright future for Gina.

this is the 2nd women’s college game i’ve watched if you count the quarter of the deacs game i watched but mcdonald on arizona is freaking awesome despite the loss. reminds me of iverson

Pretty amazing watching the smallest woman on the court by far always seem to get her shot off. Then she manages to get off a decent buzzer beater over a triple team

Really impressed with Arizona’s defense down the stretch but it just wasn’t enough against Stanford.

Obviously the gap between these teams and our program is massive but Currie should make it a priority to bridge that gap. The ratings were good on ESPN meaning they may be putting more resources into promoting women’s basketball.

In other news, The Athletic ranks Gina Conti as the 5th best player in the transfer portal.

Ohio State, Alabama, Indiana lose top players: Ranking the best players in the women’s college basketball transfer portal https://theathletic.com/2486946/202...nsfer-portal-ncaa/?source=user_shared_article

Last edited:
At the point Currie decides a change of leadership is required for the women's basketball program, his contacts and connections while at Tennessee be of should benefit. I expect Hoover to return next year. Hopefully, the program has turned a corner.

UCLA was a #3 and lost in the second round this year.

WF's women's basketball doesn't rebuild... we reload...

Raca just drafted. Round 3 LA Sparks.

Last edited:
Nice. #28 pick to the Los Angeles Sparks. Nice Wake shoutout for Raca and LaChina Robinson in the studio.

Back