• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Couldn't watch thanks to Sinclair. Defense must have been great. Poor shooting day, even by Conti and Raca. That was a must win game.

It's well past time for men's college basketball to go to four quarters like every other level of basketball. I love how quick the game moves.

Our next 2 are Pitt and Clemson . Probably need to sweep.
Then we close with State Miami and FSU

Last edited:
Nice win for Jenn and the ladies. 3 of the next five should put them in the NCAA tourament and give Jenn more time to improve the program. Good for her and the team.

Our next 2 are Pitt and Clemson . Probably need to sweep.
Then we close with State Miami and FSU

Last Clemson game was so winnable but couldn't buy a bucket and the Robinson? player was a tough matchup for our squad. Spear is such a valuable addition with her range and fearlessness.

Last Clemson game was so winnable but couldn't buy a bucket and the Robinson? player was a tough matchup for our squad. Spear is such a valuable addition with her range and fearlessness.

Every team needs a dependable shooter like Spear. 40% from deep. 13-25 3pt and 15.5 ppg in the last four games.

Great coaching job by Coach Hoover. She set the tone for the game by starting 2 bigs and matching up with Ga.Techs front line. It was great to win the game after having to listen to the two "homer" Ga. Tech announcers during the entire game. Listening to them it was hard to know that Wake was even playing in the game. Great job by the Deacs!

Per the latest bracketology we're last 4 in.

Five games left.

Pitt (4-7) on Thursday
Clemson (10-7) on Sunday is last four in as well.
#4 State is a #1 seed
Miami (8-7)
FSU (6-5) is a #10 seed

Anything less than 4-1 with a loss to State leaves us on the bubble going into the tournament.

Concerned that the last second loss to previously #1 L'ville will cost the Deacs. Then again, maybe WF makes it moot by winning the women's ACCT (even in WF's worst ACC seasons, the Lady Deacs stepped it up in the ACC tourney).

Five games left.

Pitt (4-7) on Thursday
Clemson (10-7) on Sunday is last four in as well.
#4 State is a #1 seed
Miami (8-7)
FSU (6-5) is a #10 seed

Anything less than 4-1 with a loss to State leaves us on the bubble going into the tournament.

I would evaluate the games this way
Pitt: should win/must win for tournament.

Clemson and Miami - effectively play-in or out games. Wake loses either and it will be hard to make the tourney.

FSU- opportunity to solidify a tournament slot. However, losing this game might require an ACC tournament win to solidify.

NC State- probable loss, but an opportunity for a ststement game and big plus on the resume.

That's pretty much what I said.

Pilch, I'm guessing the close loss to Louisville is what put them on the bubble as opposed to out. That's the definition of a "good loss."

Hope you are correct. Time to break the 33 year NCAA Tourney drought.

I agree 4-1 should have a safely in the tournament before the ACC tournament. 3-2 bubble. We don't have a loss worse than to a bubble team.

Last edited:
I agree 4-1 should have a safely in the determent before the ACC tournament. 3-2 bubble. We don't have a loss worse than to a bubble team

Yeah. The worst loss of the season was to Tech. They’re listed as a #6 seed and we avenged that loss.

I agree 4-1 should have a safely in the tournament before the ACC tournament. 3-2 bubble. We don't have a loss worse than to a bubble team.

Well now we're down 47-40 with 7:30 left to 4-7 Pitt.

Our women's program has never been ready for prime time.

Neither team could throw it in the ocean for a while and the Pitt got going. Both teams shooting around 35%. Pitt has just managed to hit some threes.

Pitt women's basketball is on the verge of going 6-36 in their last 42 ACC games and 3-0 against Wake Forest.

Back