• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Can't recall any game at any level in which the losing team outscored the winning team 18-0 at the FT line

That's because no team other than a WF team would ever accomplish it.

Good season, ladies. Hope they get in, but I'm not feeling it.

We're a solid team and should be in. Unfortunate that we lost some of those cream puff non-conf games to COVID that would have padded our record.

With absolutely no relevant knowledge or insight into women's college basketball, I don't see Currie firing Hoover.

- The team has improved
- If WF is truly among the first teams out or the last teams in, it would be haphazard to fire her based upon a debatable subjective decision
- Agree that WF lost at least 5 essentially guaranteed OOC wins that likely would have pushed WF into the tournament
- Got to believe budget is significant concern for non-revenue sports in the athletic department

Obviously, additional issues will impact the decision (most importantly, Currie's personal assessment of Hoover now that Currie has been at WF for a year) which aren't as objective. Gut feeling is that Hoover returns next year regardless of whether WF grabs its first NCAA invite in 40+ years or not.

Yeah I don't think anybody would actually relish playing this team because they can clearly beat a top 15 team on a given day.

The counterpoint is this is the equivalent of Manning making the First Four. I do think she comes back though.

The counterpoint is this is the equivalent of Manning making the First Four. I do think she comes back though.

(TITCR). It’s actually an interesting early referendum on Currie. Will he go the Smilin’ Ron route and extend her and say “she’s doing it the right way and our kids go to class” or say thanks for your effort but it’s time to take this to another level.

I think the 2 vulnerable teams in the last 4 in are Michigan state and Mississippi state and that Notre Dame deserves a bid 2over either of those two. Does the NCAA usually reward power 5 teams who have no quality wins?

I think there's a much stronger argument that wake shouldn't even be a last 4 in rather than out

2 sec teams on espns first 8 out with losing records.

Last edited:
Per espn Supposedly Michigan state moved up at least 3 spots and out of the last 4 in due to their awesome quadrant 3 home win over 5-18 Wisconsin. They still only have one victory over an NCAA tournament field team and/or a top 50 net team.

Tomorrow at 7. Men’s on Sunday. Women’s on Monday.

Again, I don't see any way we don't get in. 11 of our 12 losses are quadrant 1.

Sure but we’re Wake Forest.

How many quadrant 1 wins do we have?

5-11

Miss State a team we would be competing against for one of the last spots was 3-6 but they are 1-3 against Q2 where we are 4-1.

Last edited:
It’s time. Good to care about a selection show again.

BYU in, they weren't in Creme's field. Looks like they won't necessarily space out ACC teams since FSU and GT were in the same half of the same region so could pop up anywhere

We are on the edge of seats over here. First Selection show party we’ve ever had!

Back