• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Might be the first game? If not one of the first ones.

Def got respect with a 9, no reason can't beat Okst with some of the other teams that have been beaten this year

Enjoyed watching the show. The Wake women looked pumped when they were announced!

Can't wait to see Conti and Raca one more time, at least.

Last edited:
Might be the first game? If not one of the first ones.

Def got respect with a 9, no reason can't beat Okst with some of the other teams that have been beaten this year

Third game of the tournament. There are two Sunday noon games on ESPN and ESPNU. Our game is on ESPN2 at 1:00. Tennessee and Baylor play on ABC at 2:00 and 4:00 on Sunday.

Congratulations ladies ! They kept grinding and it has paid off. Get a couple more wins and give all of your classmates a reason to roll the Quad and celebrate.

Glad the Lady Deacs made it in. I wasn't so sure after going 1-4 to end the season (plus a cancelled game vs Duke). If we play like we did in the ACC Tourney against Louisville we should beat Oklahoma State. Side note that nobody cares about - I'm also a UMaine Black Bears womens basketball fan (they're our only team besides 90's hockey that is good) and despite winning the regular season in the America East Tourney they came up short against Stony Brook in the AE finals. Stony Brook earned their first every trip to the tourney and will be a 13 seed vs Arkansas.

CONGRATS Lady Deacs!! They made a fool of me as I really didn't think they'd get in after the late-season swoon. Very proud of Coach Hoover and the women. First NCAA bid since the Reagan admin is something to write home about. Let's hope this is a major turning point for the program.

CONGRATS Lady Deacs!! They made a fool of me as I really didn't think they'd get in after the late-season swoon. Very proud of Coach Hoover and the women. First NCAA bid since the Reagan admin is something to write home about. Let's hope this is a major turning point for the program.

I actually got to play in a pick up game against the starting 5 the last year they were in.

Congratulations ladies ! They kept grinding and it has paid off. Get a couple more wins and give all of your classmates a reason to roll the Quad and celebrate.

Which means we'd knock off #1 seed Stanford.
Women's bb is so much more top-heavy than the men's game. It would be interesting to know the comparison over the last 25 years or so between the two to see how many winners of the 8/9 game have upset the 1 seed.

Which means we'd knock off #1 seed Stanford.
Women's bb is so much more top-heavy than the men's game. It would be interesting to know the comparison over the last 25 years or so between the two to see how many winners of the 8/9 game have upset the 1 seed.

It hasn't happened since 2009 when #9 seed Michigan State upset #1 seed Duke. Before then it happened in 2006. So yeah doesn't happen often.

I see the path to the championship for the Lady Deacs, avenging a few men's program NCAA losses along the way:

1st round Ok State (Big Country / Randy Rutherford and your bullshit banked in 3)
2nd round Stanford (Mark effing Madsen and those guards)
3rd round Arkansas (Skip Brown beat Arkansas...ok let's beat them again)
Regional Final Louisville (Greg Minor and company from 1992...yeah the men have since avenged that loss but UL is a dump that smells like dog food)
Final 4 Maryland (never faced them in men's NCAA tourney but many scores to settle from ACC tournaments)
Championship game NC State (see Maryland) or Kentucky

I see the path to the championship for the Lady Deacs, avenging a few men's program NCAA losses along the way:

1st round Ok State (Big Country / Randy Rutherford and your bullshit banked in 3)
2nd round Stanford (Mark effing Madsen and those guards)
3rd round Arkansas (Skip Brown beat Arkansas...ok let's beat them again)
Regional Final Louisville (Greg Minor and company from 1992...yeah the men have since avenged that loss but UL is a dump that smells like dog food)
Final 4 Maryland (never faced them in men's NCAA tourney but many scores to settle from ACC tournaments)
Championship game NC State (see Maryland) or Kentucky

I love this, but when I thought about it, there are so many losses that we need to avenge that it's just too easy. Is Cleveland St. in the bracket?

Back