• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs 2020

Huge comeback. Conti step back three to tie 57-57 with 32.7 left.

Got the ball with 19.3 left. Still tied.

Not the best look. Would prefer driving to the basket.

Huge win in OT. Had to have this one. 19-6 run over the last 5 minutes of regulation plus OT.

Guess I was wrong tonight. Congrats to the women, especially the seniors

Conti just willed them to a win. She's a really good basketball player. I just wish she would shoot more. She was incredibly disruptive on the defensive end.

Lucky. Raca has got get out of her funk and we can't have our best players miss so many key FTs.

If Raca isn’t playing well and Spears isn’t hitting shots, it’s so hard to win. Conti seems to do whatever it takes to get it done whether she’s shooting well or not.

Both were honored for senior day. Hope they come back but good for them if they move on.

Really impressed with Summel's (not sure if the spelling is right) rebounding. By far she is the best rebounder on the team. She seems like a player who has really improved.

So if we win against Clemson and get one out of two against FSU and Miami do the ladies go dancing?

One win down, four to go. Beating NCSU may be a stretch even at the Joel. Clemson, Miami and Florida State will be tough on the road, but are required wins if they want to make the Dance. Prove you are deserving ladies.

Really impressed with Summel's (not sure if the spelling is right) rebounding. By far she is the best rebounder on the team. She seems like a player who has really improved.

She's the one who guards me when I practice, so my bad hook shots are likely helping.

We're #43 in the NET ratings and firmly in the bubble, so we need to finish 3-1 or have a strong ACCT performance.

Here's something to keep an eye on. The Lady Deacs are 6th in the conference right now at 7-7. They need to pass FSU (6-5) and Cuse (8-5) to get to #4 and get a bye.

FSU (6-5) has five games left vs. Miami, Tech, Louisville, @ND, and Wake.
Cuse (8-5) has five games left vs. Louisville, @ND, @VT, BC, and State.

The Deacs could finish 3-1 with only a loss to #4 State and finish 10-8. If FSU finishes 2-3 and Cuse finishes 1-4, we would slip into the #4 spot.

As is, it looks like we would be #6 vs. #11 UNC which is somehow also on the bubble at 4-8. That game would probably be for the Big Dance.

Last edited:
Wow, I checked the score in the 4th and we were down 7 and assumed we ended up losing. Glad I was wrong!

Impressed with Mora and Summiel down low. They're going to have to bring their A-game against Clemson. We got killed on the boards a couple of weeks ago and it cost us a very winnable game. Hopefully Raca gets back in her groove as we head into the home stretch.

A lot of grit on this team. I hope their effort earns them our first trip to the Dance in 33 seasons.

Back