• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

This tidbit was already posted under the NCAA basketball thread. Along with stuff on Chaundee. It should stay there.

There’s going to be some interest in these guys’ careers. Some fans want to see them fail. Some want to see them succeed. Some want to speculate on how they could have helped us this year based on how they’re doing now. Pretty standard sports board subject, actually. Just don’t open the thread if it’s not your thing.

Yep, Chaudee is getting the NBA experience at Michigan. Against Oakland yesterday, Chaundee played 28 minutes, took 14 shots made 2, and had 1 to 2 assist to turnover ratio in an OT win over vaunted Oakland.

FWIW, despite facing the immobile Grant Golden yesterday, Sarr shot 38% from the field and committed 5 turnovers against Richmond. Losing to Richmond should make Sarr feel like he was back in Winston playing for DM.

Thanks. Shows how disconnected I've been from basketball for awhile, used to be I'd know where Chaundee went and where Woods went and every other detail of stuff going on.

Don't feel bad, the only reason I know it is because my father-in-law is a Buckeyes fan

“It’s a winning culture,” Sarr said. “Not knocking on my old school or whatever, it’s just different. Kentucky has a successful history. It’s a great program. It has high expectations, and you can feel that as soon as you step on campus and as soon as you start practices."

https://www.kyforward.com/wake-forest-transfer-olivier-sarr-glad-to-be-part-of-winning-culture-at-kentucky-in-final-season/

"At Wake I feel like I was in shape but Michigan shape is different," Brown said. "Some stuff I’m able to do now and stuff I’ve done in practice, I wouldn’t be able to do it a year or two ago. Last year my body was so stiff and everything, he’s been doing a great job telling me what stretches I needed to do. We run an NBA-style offense and Coach Howard likes to run, run, run. I’m like, yo, we really don’t stop running. I think definitely my game has increased."

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/michigan-wolverines-basketball-chaundee-brown-strength-and-conditioning-jon-sanderson-wake-forest-155080777/

LOL

Kentucky is a top-5 CBB program with a national championship and three Final Fours in the last 10 years. Wake is 131-187 in the last 10 years (including this year). And you're mad at him for alluding to that?

And you're mad at Chaundee here for ... saying that Ryan Horn and the S&C program wasn't good for him? That's where you want to stake your flag?

Calipari making them play it out down 10 with 20 seconds left. Makes them stay on the court and suffer coaching them up the whole time. He may be a scumbag but Cal can coach and Sarr was smart to transfer to boost his visibility and NBA chances.

Manning and team would have been headed toward the bus ten minutes earlier.

Not to mention Mooney has the best team he may ever have had at Richmond, so while this loss may look bad to the rest of the country, Richmond went in there expecting to win the game. They are now ranked and are picked to win the A-10 conference over Dayton, St Bony, Davidson and others.

LOL

Kentucky is a top-5 CBB program with a national championship and three Final Fours in the last 10 years. Wake is 131-187 in the last 10 years (including this year). And you're mad at him for alluding to that?

And you're mad at Chaundee here for ... saying that Ryan Horn and the S&C program wasn't good for him? That's where you want to stake your flag?

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with these quotes. If anything they reflect on the program and culture Manning had in place than on Wake as a whole.

LOL

Did he have anything to say about Horn's lighting guy?

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with these quotes. If anything they reflect on the program and culture Manning had in place than on Wake as a whole.

Yep. Manning’s Wake program is all they know.

Yeah this is hilarious - the board treats Manning like the sequel to Hitler but then a player transfers and says something completely reasonable and it's outrage time.

I'm sure most of us can cop to some schadenfreude when Sarr or Chaundee struggle on their fancy new teams, but how well they play certainly still has meaning for Wake. When players leave a system it informs how rotten the previous system really was. If they're the same, if they regress, that's also interesting - certainly can impact expectations around how long a rebuild might take.

Taking shots at them just comes off as so petty.

I think part of the ire in situations like this is, as a player, you should commit to a school, not a coach. They suffered through years of Manning and the Miserables, and then left once Wake actually hired a competent coach who desperately (at least it seemed) tried to keep them at MSD.

I think part of the ire in situations like this is, as a player, you should commit to a school, not a coach. They suffered through years of Manning and the Miserables, and then left once Wake actually hired a competent coach who desperately (at least it seemed) tried to keep them at MSD.

I get it and agree with this. But this is where you look at the programs and teams they went to, factor in that Chaundee and Olivier were a combined 35-58 in three years, and realistically look at what Wake would be this year even with them (maybe a tournament team, probably not cracking top 4-5 of the ACC).

Also I always liked the sound of "Danny and the Miserables" better. (haha)

We Wake fans gave up on the Manning experience long before the players did. Sarr and brown had the opportunity to put the futility and frustration in the rear view mirror to end there careers in high profile, stable programs and test their skills. Great for them- speaks to the intelligence that got them into Wake. I hope that they have spectacular years.

I get it and agree with this. But this is where you look at the programs and teams they went to, factor in that Chaundee and Olivier were a combined 35-58 in three years, and realistically look at what Wake would be this year even with them (maybe a tournament team, probably not cracking top 4-5 of the ACC).

Also I always liked the sound of "Danny and the Miserables" better. (haha)

Yeah I don't think ill of them at all for their decisions. Just also understand why some fans may not "wish them well" as is polite/PC around here.

Sounds like Chaundee was taking shots at everyone’s favorite trainer, Ryan Horn. What a clown that guy was.

I don't blame anyone for transferring after a coaching change. Both Sarr and Chaundee gave WF 3 years, and WF failed to have any success during that time despite their best efforts; I'm not even a player, and watching WF's season end each year on Tuesday afternoon in the ACC tournament gets old fast. If Sarr or Brown want an NCAA tourney experience to end their college career, hard to argue with choosing KY or Michigan over WF, even if Forbes is a breath of fresh air. Even if they had stayed, WF's best years with Forbes will be after both would be gone.

With all that said, if either or both regress this season or stumble early in the post-season again, don't have any problem with WF fans observing that the grass isn't always greener.

I don't begrudge any player that has transferred from Wake the past ten years. The coaches were lousy. I have followed all of them after leaving. Some have had individual and/or team success, others haven't. Some have been an unmitigated disaster, just like the Wake BB program has been for ten years.

“It’s a winning culture,” Sarr said. “Not knocking on my old school or whatever, it’s just different. Kentucky has a successful history. It’s a great program. It has high expectations, and you can feel that as soon as you step on campus and as soon as you start practices."

https://www.kyforward.com/wake-forest-transfer-olivier-sarr-glad-to-be-part-of-winning-culture-at-kentucky-in-final-season/

"At Wake I feel like I was in shape but Michigan shape is different," Brown said. "Some stuff I’m able to do now and stuff I’ve done in practice, I wouldn’t be able to do it a year or two ago. Last year my body was so stiff and everything, he’s been doing a great job telling me what stretches I needed to do. We run an NBA-style offense and Coach Howard likes to run, run, run. I’m like, yo, we really don’t stop running. I think definitely my game has increased."

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/michigan-wolverines-basketball-chaundee-brown-strength-and-conditioning-jon-sanderson-wake-forest-155080777/

Chaundee would have thrived under Coach Forbes so am miffed he transferred without even talking to the guy. I hate Calapari so hope they crash and burn and Olivier goes right along with them.

Saar being Saar. MIA tonight. 6 points, 4 fouls.

Saar being Saar. MIA tonight. 6 points, 4 fouls.

And he had the last offense rebound ripped away from him to clinch the KU win.

On the other hand, he had 8 and 6 with 2 blks while managing foul trouble. He’s the third leading scorer.

He is what he is. He’s a solid player on this stage and he may still improve.

Back