• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

This thread is so predictable. When Sarr and Chaundee were here and didn't fulfill expectations most of you nitpicked every game they played, blamed Manning for everything they didn't do, and then now that they've let Wake for their own purposes you guys make sure to virtue signal by wishing them well in life away from Wake Forest. What the hell do you expect these guys to say?, that they hate what they did and wish they were back at Wake so they could piss off people in their new environment and sit on the bench? If they had left a Michigan or Kentucky for greener pastures, anywhere else for that matter, the fanbase would wholly disavow them and move on. But our fans have so little sense of loyalty or reality that they spend time on the board wishing the guys who aren't playing any better than they did here, more success, so we can wallow in our bad fortune. There's nothing wrong with being loyal to your team or your school. If you don't have that in you, then go play golf or tennis so the person responsible for your failure and let down is looking at you in the mirror. Neither Sarr nor Chaundee are gonna make any noise in the NBA, and that was obvious at Wake and is still obvious today.

Chaundee would have thrived under Coach Forbes so am miffed he transferred without even talking to the guy. I hate Calapari so hope they crash and burn and Olivier goes right along with them.

Let's not act like we know exactly what transpired between Chaundee and the Forbes staff. Regardless, at the time of his decision, he basically chose a perennial winner that will go to the NCAA tourney in his senior year over a very weak roster at WFU.

as a player, you should commit to a school, not a coach...

That’s not how that works, and fans who are expecting that mentality from players are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

Let's not act like we know exactly what transpired between Chaundee and the Forbes staff. Regardless, at the time of his decision, he basically chose a perennial winner that will go to the NCAA tourney in his senior year over a very weak roster at WFU.

if it isn't cancelled due to COVID...

And he had the last offense rebound ripped away from him to clinch the KU win.

On the other hand, he had 8 and 6 with 2 blks while managing foul trouble. He’s the third leading scorer.

He is what he is. He’s a solid player on this stage and he may still improve.

Saar is better than a solid player. I have not watched any of his games yet, but my guess is going from a Manning coached team to a Cal coached team hasn't been an easy transition. Cal is tough on his players, Manning was not. I don't really care one way or the other, but that is my prediction. We shall see.

Saar is better than a solid player. I have not watched any of his games yet, but my guess is going from a Manning coached team to a Cal coached team hasn't been an easy transition. Cal is tough on his players, Manning was not. I don't really care one way or the other, but that is my prediction. We shall see.

I've only seen the last game - and not even all of that one - but from what I saw last night they didn't really make an effort to involve Sarr in the offense when he was on the floor. When he did get the ball in his hands, he did some nice things. It looks like he's a long way from being a featured part of that team, preseason hype notwithstanding.

That’s not how that works, and fans who are expecting that mentality from players are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

Yep. It doesn't make sense to pay coaches millions of dollars and not expect that players are committing to them.

I've only seen the last game - and not even all of that one - but from what I saw last night they didn't really make an effort to involve Sarr in the offense when he was on the floor. When he did get the ball in his hands, he did some nice things. It looks like he's a long way from being a featured part of that team, preseason hype notwithstanding.

Who?

I don’t say much anymore on here but it came by to say HAHHAHAHA. Have fun with that Kentucky fan base Sarr. It all sounds nice to you lay a stinker. Big Blue is not happy with their transfer center.

I don’t say much anymore on here but it came by to say HAHHAHAHA. Have fun with that Kentucky fan base Sarr. It all sounds nice to you lay a stinker. Big Blue is not happy with their transfer center.

I think this is also some proof that Manning was at least a pretty decent big man coach. He had Sarr playing better with less talent around him. UK just looks sloppy though.

I've watched 3 games including Richmond in its entirety. Sarr dominated the first half vs Richmond with 14 points and 7-8 rebounds. In the second half the elite freshmen took over jacking up stupid shots and he rarely even touched the ball. Kansas wasn't much different. He would have been better off staying at Wake where he would really have been the feature int eh paint. Some of those freshmen on KY never saw a shot they didn't like. Calipari may be seen as a great coach but they lost to Richmond because Richmond's guards dominated the game and the stopped using Sarr as any kind of option.

Calipari making them play it out down 10 with 20 seconds left. Makes them stay on the court and suffer coaching them up the whole time. He may be a scumbag but Cal can coach and Sarr was smart to transfer to boost his visibility and NBA chances.

Manning and team would have been headed toward the bus ten minutes earlier.

Not sure if you're aware, but Danny Manning isn't the coach anymore.

I think this is also some proof that Manning was at least a pretty decent big man coach. He had Sarr playing better with less talent around him. UK just looks sloppy though.

I think you could argue the opposite. You could conclude that the reason Sarr looked so good last year was that the rest of his team was terrible and the points have to come from somewhere. That is, Sarr wasn't any good but was the best player on a truly awful team, with an awful coach. If Manning was a good big man coach the skills imparted would/should be transferable to other playing situations and offensive schemes.

Welp, at least Sarr should be more comfortable and familiar playing on an unranked team again now....

So, there's that. :thumbsup:

Sarr with 2 pts, 4 rebs and 5 fouls vs UNC. Didn't even attempt a FG. Woof

Haha haha. Sorry. I know that shouldn’t make me feel happy but he and Brown threw shade when they left. It’s easy to root against Kentucky. Sarr being there makes it easier.

Back