• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Not playing Collins doesn't reflect on DM's big many coaching ability, it reflects on his overall coaching ability and decision making (we all saw his bizarre line up moves in game).

No matter how good Moore was, and I don't recall us all over Manning about playing Moore more at the time, but recall he was totally unable to stay on the floor for any amount of time due to his conditioning (need in a blow after a few times up and down the floor)

Dino came as a Euro big, he stood outside and jacked up 3's, DM converted him into an inside banger that could step outside. Sure Dino was the prototypical euro big and could have been a pro, but he left Wake with a post game and the ability to use his size inside. That's a pretty big change, how many euros do we see make that change, especially in college.

Let's say there are 100 things a college coach needs to do, DM did two of them fairly well, coaching up the bigs and then having the offense run through those bigs. The rest he pretty much sucked at, including recruiting top rated bigs that didn't need DM's magic big coaching.

I know Sarr transferred, but he’s still tall, isn’t he?

Sarr has disappeared for most of the season, and it’s not just that he isn’t getting the ball. He’s not rebounding and he’s not getting to the free throw line. Kentucky has shot terribly this season and if Sarr was actually working on the glass he could live on the free throw line, but he’s only getting to the ft line twice a game, if at all. There’s no excuse for him to take 16 shots in a game, and not take any the next game.
Morehead St: 8 pts / 3 reb / 2 blk - 21 min
Richmond: 17 pts/ 11 reb / 1 blk - 38 min
Kansas: 8 pts / 6 Reb / 2 blk - 14 min
Georgia Tech: 6 pts / 3 reb / 0 blk - 30 min
Notre Dame: 22 pts / 7 reb / 3 blk - 34 min
Carolina: 2 pts / 4 reb / 1 blk - 19 min

4-6 (0/0 FT)
5-13 (7/11 FT)
4-6 (0/0 FT)
1-4 (4/4 FT)
11-16 (0/1 FT)
0-0 (2-4 FT)

Nearly every single big who’s started at Kentucky under Calipari has played in the NBA. Josh “Jorts” Harrellson went to a final four and played in the NBA for fucks sake, there’s no excuse for someone as talented as Sarr to fail in that system.

Sarr has disappeared for most of the season, and it’s not just that he isn’t getting the ball. He’s not rebounding and he’s not getting to the free throw line. Kentucky has shot terribly this season and if Sarr was actually working on the glass he could live on the free throw line, but he’s only getting to the ft line twice a game, if at all. There’s no excuse for him to take 16 shots in a game, and not take any the next game.
Morehead St: 8 pts / 3 reb / 2 blk - 21 min
Richmond: 17 pts/ 11 reb / 1 blk - 38 min
Kansas: 8 pts / 6 Reb / 2 blk - 14 min
Georgia Tech: 6 pts / 3 reb / 0 blk - 30 min
Notre Dame: 22 pts / 7 reb / 3 blk - 34 min
Carolina: 2 pts / 4 reb / 1 blk - 19 min

4-6 (0/0 FT)
5-13 (7/11 FT)
4-6 (0/0 FT)
1-4 (4/4 FT)
11-16 (0/1 FT)
0-0 (2-4 FT)

So you're saying he's not getting paint touches?

:cool:

Doesn’t, the above, point to dm getting the most out of bigs. Sarr could be a slacker.

Starr has skills. 3rd team all ACC last year. It’s Cal’s job to figure out how to utilize that talent. He’s not a guy you can throw lobs to near the rim like Richards. Get him the ball in scoring position near the basket. But MDMH is right that Starr should be rebounding all those bricks better. So Sarr himself may be part of the problem

Last edited:
Looks lost right now

1 blk, 1 to, 1 foul the only stats for Sarr in the half. This transfer is looking like a major mistake for him. I can’t say it’s a mistake for Kentucky because they needed a talented 5, but Sarr is disappearing on this team.

Last edited:
1 blk, 1 to, 1 foul the only stats for Sarr in the half. This transfer is looking like a major mistake for him. I can’t say it’s a mistake for Kentucky because they needed a talented 5, but Sarr is disappearing on this team.

Sarr's attempt to use KY as a pre-NBA finishing school does not seem to be going well. And it seems to be getting worse as the season goes on.

Anybody want to post Sarr's stats vs u*NC from his previous games against them?

Calipari can't coach bigs as well as Danny?

He has played like ass but getting criticized for that first half stretch by Ware was bizarre. I thought Shulman was at the game and can tell 30 from 55.

Damn. I just feel bad for him. Potential game winner went in and out.

Hahahah and he missed the wide open game winning shot. I know I shouldn’t root for an amateur athlete to fail, but man I just don’t care.

I didn’t really want to watch Sarr killing it on a top 10 Kentucky team... but also not sure I want to see the kid fall apart and ruin his future as a pro. This is brutal, he’s going to end up on the bench at this rate.

He should be on the bench. How can you be 7 feet and not have a bucket for 2 games? Stan fucking King would have a basket.

Pretty crazy that Sarr went from a unknown player who had a good end of the season for a bad Wake team to “the reason” Kentucky is 1-6. The postgame spent two minutes talking about the lack of a go to guy and Sarr.

Calipari can't coach bigs as well as Danny?

Long time asst. coach Kenny Payne coached the bigs during Calipari’s entire tenure at Kentucky. Kenny Payne is 6’8 and played in the NBA for 10 years, and is a newly hired asst. coach for the Knicks.

He should be on the bench. How can you be 7 feet and not have a bucket for 2 games? Stan fucking King would have a basket.

I don’t understand it. Kentucky has two other less talented, less heralded transfers who are contributing much more. Sarr had 1 fucking rebound. 1! How does that happen?

I don’t understand it. Kentucky has two other less talented, less heralded transfers who are contributing much more. Sarr had 1 fucking rebound. 1! How does that happen?

He is a very tall, French, woos.

I remember being annoyed that his waiver was approved. How silly I was.

Back