• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

I betcha it’s the last time Calipari comes sniffing for any WF player. Cal is finding the reality of the CP3 nut punch curse can taint other programs if mess with the toxic DM cesspool.

Sarr, at best, was a good role player. He never was and never will be a difference maker. Personally, I was glad he left because (a) he wasn’t committed to being here and (b) any minutes going to him would have come at the expense of the development of someone else for the future. UK, you got the true Olivier Sarr. Deal with it. Oh, and Sarr really has little to do with their abysmal start.

Sarr really has little to do with their abysmal start.

I’d say the starting senior center contributing nothing 5/7 games has *a lot* to do with the abysmal start. At least Brandon Boston and Terrance Clarke can use their youth as an excuse for sucking, what’s Sarr’s excuse for being 7 ft tall and yet being the only player on the court not rebounding?

Have you seen UK play? They stink, with or without Sarr.

That’s a strange rebuttal to my point. Kentucky just lost a game by just 3 points where their starting center scored only 1 point and contributed basically nothing. I’d say that Sarr is quite definitely a major reason that UK is so bad this season.

When Sarr was being recruited by Cal, the story was that a legit big man was the missing piece to that team. They got a transfer who was 3rd team All-ACC. He has been terrible, and it’s quite obvious that his play has a ton to do with their 1-6 start.

I'm surprised that Sarr was even on the floor at the point in the game.

Odds on him leaving before the next semester starts?

His play seems like that of a guy who isn't happy.

Odds on him leaving before the next semester starts?

His play seems like that of a guy who isn't happy.

well it is unfortunate for him...he has played himself out of any shot in the NBA in his transfer to Kentucky. he should have gone after last year, could have been taken late 1st but most likely in the 2nd.

Sarr is still going to have a long pro basketball career, in France.

Edit: tvcigar got his comment in a few seconds before mine I guess.

well it is unfortunate for him...he has played himself out of any shot in the NBA in his transfer to Kentucky. he should have gone after last year, could have been taken late 1st but most likely in the 2nd.

But if he's really not NBA ready then that would have been exposed pretty quickly, like what is happening this year

But if he's really not NBA ready then that would have been exposed pretty quickly, like what is happening this year

Honestly, it doesn't make any sense that Sarr is being exposed as not NBA ready right now. He isn't playing significantly better competition than he was playing against an ACC schedule, where he performed well.

Yeah. He had 16 and 6 at Louisville last year. That was his third game at Louisville which is more than any other UK player most likely.

His last four games were against ACC teams. He scored less against them this year than he did last year.

Last edited:
the kentucky team is a mess and has a bunch of chuckers. they have nobody that can get the ball in the post. they also need him to be a banger, which he is not.

Back