• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

I don't think Sarr ever expected that it was intended he would be THE MAN on a UK team. He played that role at Wake. He likely thought he would be surrounded by great talent that would be able to get him the ball and that would take the defense off him some so that he could show out a bit more. That's not an unrealistic thought. As it turns out, these other UK guys don't look that great. And Cal's system is dependent upon great one on one play by great perimeter players.

Kentucky lands WVU big man transfer Oscar Tshiebwe. I guess Cal is not up for giving Sarr an additional season next year if he does not turn pro.

Kentucky has a number of potential NBA draft prospects on this season's roster, although it's unclear which ones will turn pro and which ones will return to Lexington. Either way, Tshiebwe should help replace Olivier Sarr, a former Wake Forest transfer who is expected to depart after this season.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30688175/west-virginia-transfer-oscar-tshiebwe-commits-kentucky

Kentucky lands WVU big man transfer Oscar Tshiebwe. I guess Cal is not up for giving Sarr an additional season next year if he does not turn pro.

Kentucky has a number of potential NBA draft prospects on this season's roster, although it's unclear which ones will turn pro and which ones will return to Lexington. Either way, Tshiebwe should help replace Olivier Sarr, a former Wake Forest transfer who is expected to depart after this season.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30688175/west-virginia-transfer-oscar-tshiebwe-commits-kentucky

After his less-than-stellar season this year, where's he going to depart to? Not like he's going to be to top draft pick.

Isn't Tshiebwe the former 5 star recruit who Huggins effectively kicked off the team?

After his less-than-stellar season this year, where's he going to depart to? Not like he's going to be to top draft pick.

He's going to enter the draft, and if the NBA doesn't work out he will play pro in Europe. He had said before that if he didn't get his waiver this year he was going back home to play pro this season.

Sarr has been playing very well the past 3 games, and he’s been very active on defense which is the main thing. It probably helps that Kentucky has added some talent and shooting the past few games, which opens up the offense and takes pressure off Sarr. This is a crazy season, Kentucky might still sneak into the tournament if they dominate the SEC, but they can only afford 2-3 more losses the whole season, so...

And regarding Tshiebwe, there’s a very slim possibility that they could play together and Sarr move to the 4. Tshiebwe has a completely different body and skill set than Sarr, he’s an old school big butt post player, so they wouldn’t be redundant.

Sarr can play PF. He's got the skills to play away from the basket as well.

Sarr can play PF. He's got the skills to play away from the basket as well.

Yes, Sarr isn’t being pushed out or recruited over, I think everyone is just rightly assuming that Sarr intended to leave UK after 1 season to play professionally, which is still about 90% certain at this point.

Looks like Saar played a whopping 4 minutes today. And I noticed that the team kneeled during the national anthem a couple of games ago, and all the hillbillies hate them now. Have fun Olivier!

A friend of 76's and mine is a prof at UK med school and told me the same thing. Surprisingly, he doesn't think Cal is in any trouble.

Looks like Saar played a whopping 4 minutes today. And I noticed that the team kneeled during the national anthem a couple of games ago, and all the hillbillies hate them now. Have fun Olivier!

Poor Sarr. He will have lots of nightmares of woulda, coulda, and shoulda how he could have been a possible NBA lottery pick if he stayed at Wake and continued to put up gaudy stats. Now it’s off to Europe with small contract and hoping he can make a career of it.

Good luck big boy!

He should just turn pro today and go back to Europe.

This is a really interesting juxtaposition. UK basketball is largely comprised of black players these days, none of whom are actually from Kentucky. The UK fanbase cares about the black population as players for Kentucky, but otherwise does not align itself with black issues or concerns at all. The issue has been nascent for years but now the two interests are directly in conflict and I wonder if there will be further fallout.

This is a really interesting juxtaposition. UK basketball is largely comprised of black players these days, none of whom are actually from Kentucky. The UK fanbase cares about the black population as players for Kentucky, but otherwise does not align itself with black issues or concerns at all. The issue has been nascent for years but now the two interests are directly in conflict and I wonder if there will be further fallout.

This has been bubbling for a few seasons. Calipari is way more liberal than he ever lets on in the Kentucky media, but it pops up every now and then, especially when it comes to how he talks about his players, and what his mission is as a coach. I wonder what the reaction would be if Nick Saban ever kneeled for the national anthem.

This has been bubbling for a few seasons. Calipari is way more liberal than he ever lets on in the Kentucky media, but it pops up every now and then, especially when it comes to how he talks about his players, and what his mission is as a coach. I wonder what the reaction would be if Nick Saban ever kneeled for the national anthem.
Saban would be fired at half time if he did that

Saban would be fired at half time if he did that

Well I understand but disagree. Winning championships in football is a huge piece of the identity for an Alabama fan. They would accept it but just grouse about it on the Paul Finebaum show.

Well I understand but disagree. Winning championships in football is a huge piece of the identity for an Alabama fan. They would accept it but just grouse about it on the Paul Finebaum show.

They’d elect Saban to the senate even if he was an open and fervent Atifa member. Alabama is a crazy place.

Back