• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is inside scoop on bball pause?

That seems like a reasonable guess. And it's not like we were preforming like a well oiled machine against Longwood.

Exactly. To hear Forbes on Monday, they were pretty awful in his eyes for most of that game.

I really truly hate to consider buying into the Ed Orgeron theory but damn let em get it and then move on.

I really truly hate to consider buying into the Ed Orgeron theory but damn let em get it and then move on.

Not sure any of Ed Orgeron's theories are really worth buying into at the moment.

Why are they questioning games more than 14 days out? I’m confused as to what protocol would cancel a game that far out

I believe it was the protocol of figuring out playing pointless OOC games against teams outside of our geographic region was really, really stupid in the first place.

Sucks that the UVA game is canceled they are struggling and it would've been a great opportunity for a big win.

I believe CDC recommends isolation for a week if you have been exposed to someone with COVID but don't have it yourself. If you are COVID positive, it's not just one week.

The length of the pause suggests that the players/staff have covid. Health and recovery become the priority.

Except for the people that report being tired for weeks and months after recovering from the virus.

Except for the people that report being tired for weeks and months after recovering from the virus.
Yeah, but this all so inconvenient for me. Have you thought about me?

I’m basically treating it like having seen the trailer for an upcoming movie sequel featuring an exciting wake men’s basketball team. I’ve been waiting for the movie to come out for a decade and the trailer has me optimistic that the movie could be a lot of fun, but I’m cool with the release date getting pushed back a few weeks so that the director can get the film just the way he wants.

Coach K said he was texting with coach Forbes and that 5 Wake players contracted the virus, as well as Forbes' son which was already publicly acknowledged by Forbes. First and foremost, hope for the full recovery of everybody involved with the program. I hope this experience of isolation and unfortunate hardship brings the group closer together when they come back on and off the court, I know it did for my friends when we all contracted it the same week. Coming out of isolation really made me appreciate things about the Wake experience that I had maybe taken for granted before.

So Forbes has only coached two games for Wake and he already has coach K’s cell number and is his texting buddy. I’m a little nauseated by that but mainly I think it shows that Forbes is the man. He’s like the new kid in school who walks right up to the hottest cheerleader in school and asks for her number and gets it. In that scenario, coach k is the hot cheerleader though and now I’ve grossed myself out.

Coach K said he was texting with coach Forbes and that 5 Wake players contracted the virus, as well as Forbes' son which was already publicly acknowledged by Forbes. First and foremost, hope for the full recovery of everybody involved with the program. I hope this experience of isolation and unfortunate hardship brings the group closer together when they come back on and off the court, I know it did for my friends when we all contracted it the same week. Coming out of isolation really made me appreciate things about the Wake experience that I had maybe taken for granted before.

Yep, that'll short circuit a team for a few weeks when you add in the isolation due to positive exposure.

Duke was a main catalyst to the shutdown of the ACC Tournament back in March, which led to the rest of sports shutting down. Looks like K might do it again.

Sorry to disrupt the hot girl in school fantasy, but K and Forbes were probably texting as K might have been asking other conference coaches what their COVID situation was. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30483429/coach-mike-krzyzewski-questions-playing-games-pandemic

Well maybe if he would devote more time to his own team than trying to inquire about other teams and their covid situation then maybe he could put a better product out on the hardwood. Duke is straight trash so far this season.

Duke was a main catalyst to the shutdown of the ACC Tournament back in March, which led to the rest of sports shutting down. Looks like K might do it again.

What I got from the article is that college basketball lacks the leadership to keep players safe (emotionally and physically) during the pandemic. Not a K fan, but sometimes there needs to be a strong voice among the crickets. Usually it's not the first voice, it's the second.

When sports came back overall numbers were relatively tame; this surge should has changed the game literally and figuratively.

Right, I'm not a fan of K, but the fact that Duke also led the way in cancelling last spring makes me less suspicious of his motives.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if some of the older coaches like K and Roy have a little bit of a different perspective on the coaching grind now then they did pre-pandemic.

Back