• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is inside scoop on bball pause?

Delaware State returns to action tonight for the first time since infecting... I mean playing WF just before Thanksgiving

So we're taking the Clemson football early herd immunity approach?

Anyone else think beginning to distribute the vaccine is making the NCAA and schools overly optimistic/greedy?

I don’t think NCAA greed has anything to do with the vaccine. If they were planning around the vaccine, they’d postpone the season for a month or two.

So...are we ever gonna play basketball again? I practically forgot Steve Forbes was the coach at this point. Also, Carter Whitt has enrolled or is enrolling very soon. Will be interesting to see if he gets any run in the free season of eligibility.

Jesus, we just can’t catch a break.

It really is amazing the extent to which COVID has disrupted (if not destroyed) the basketball season. WF has played two games and has not played since November 27 (4 weeks from Friday). No other ACC team has played fewer than 5 games (VT has played 8), and that includes several teams that have been hit by COVID (L'ville, UVA, Cuse, Pitt, State), but have been able to carry on. Sounds like the earliest WF will play is January 3 against GT (which would be a 5+ week hiatus), and even that may be optimistic.

UNC plays at State tonight, and it feels like WF doesn't even an active program right now. Realize that the long-term view with Forbes remains bright, but man, this has been a dark month with no a lot of short term hope.

It appears that Adams and Okpomo will be on the court more than anticipated, at least until the health and physical conditioning of the team improve. I hope both can capitalize on the opportunity. Whitt could see some PT once he becomes familiar with the workings of the offense and defense.

That fucking sucks. Hate it for those guys. Hope they're ok and fully recover.

Feel like an asshole for not saying this first in my post. Worried for Tariq specifically, that sounds pretty bleak.

Feel like an asshole for not saying this first in my post. Worried for Tariq specifically, that sounds pretty bleak.

Yeah, for them to declare that he's going to miss the entire season you worry that they found an existing condition Covid caused or even something unrelated to Covid found by chance.

A percentage of Covid patients endure debilitating symptoms for an extended period of time. That could be the case for Ian and Tariq, though Tariq seems more likely to have discovered an underlying or existing condition. Best wishes for a complete recovery to both of them. Best wishes to anyone that has contacted covid.

Yeah, for them to declare that he's going to miss the entire season you worry that they found an existing condition Covid caused or even something unrelated to Covid found by chance.

And this why the ‘let’s just get infected’ strategy is flawed. I think they were pointing out that Miles Garrett is struggling to get back to his normal form. Some people recover quickly with no side affects a few have lingering issues that would be a real problem for an athlete.

Flawed is an understatement.

Yes, flawed is an understatement. Many major medical centers have now set up COVID "long haulers" clinics to assess and hopefully treat the chronic symptoms.

Delaware State returns to action tonight for the first time since infecting... I mean playing WF just before Thanksgiving

I still don’t understand how and why Delaware State got into our bubble with a player clearly playing who could infect an entire team with the protocols we supposedly had in place. I think there had to be some under reporting or hiding critical information from the powers that be. Probably destroyed whatever season we might have had.

Back