• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is inside scoop on bball pause?

First, let me wish Tariq a full recovery. Hope that he gets over this and is able to live s normal life.

Likewise for Ian. Hope he recovers sooner rather than later.

For the rest of the team, speedy recoveries so they can get back to doing what they enjoy doing.

Any more information on this? Has Tariq tweeted anything that would shed light on his issues? The DuBose thing is very odd?

Nothing on Twitter -- he's not the most-active player they've got.

I don't have any concrete info on either situation and honestly, with something this severe, I'm fine with finding out on Tariq and Ian's schedules. Given the chance they could be dealing with something that affects them for the rest of their lives, and the emotional state that could put them and people around them in, and we're 3 days from Christmas ... I'm not going to dig all that hard here. They can tell us when they're comfortable.

Nothing on Twitter -- he's not the most-active player they've got.

I don't have any concrete info on either situation and honestly, with something this severe, I'm fine with finding out on Tariq and Ian's schedules. Given the chance they could be dealing with something that affects them for the rest of their lives, and the emotional state that could put them and people around them in, and we're 3 days from Christmas ... I'm not going to dig all that hard here. They can tell us when they're comfortable.

Understood! Just unbelievable the kind of bad luck that follows this basketball program. Those kids don’t deserve this and seems like no one else hit this bad.

My heart goes out to Tariq, Ian and their families.

Not only are they really good guys, but they've worked hard for this team. Tariq is a warrior to have the focus and determination to come back from a torn achilles. Ian was ALL IN on this season, worked his butt off to become an ACC player and this happens. These guys and the whole team have been through so much.

Obviously, it's up to the players with how they want or don't want to move forward with this season, but I wouldn't blame them at all if they took the year off, tried to stay in good shape and just soaked up time with family.

I also hope these guys are able to enjoy Christmas and rid their minds of the difficulties they've experienced over the last few months. God bless them all and Merry Christmas to them and their families.

Tariq is going to be a 21 year old redshirt freshman next year. Hopefully he will stick around to be a 24 year old senior.

New Year’s Eve. 4 pm. Catawba Indians. Wake Forest Basketball is Back!!!

Will need to dig to provide a scouting report on Catawba. Defense does not appear to be a priority for the Indians as the have given 100+ in two of their 5 games. Most recently, Catawba surrendered 109 in a 33 point loss to an educational institution named "Lincoln Memorial". This game should help with the Deacs' confidence.

Every now and then, there’s a school I’ve never heard of. Apparently Lincoln Memorial University is a tiny rural private school in Tennessee. They have other campuses including one minutes from my office.

Bellarmine is another one. They lost to ND on Monday. Bellarmine is in Louisville and actually play at Freedom Hall. They are transitioning to Division 1 and joined the Atlantic Sun this year.

Last edited:
Good thing we got rid of Manning so we don't have to lament losing to Bellarmine.

Lincoln Memorial is a D-2 powerhouse. Went 32-1 last year ... the loss was in their first game. Got an education about them when a really good player I covered in Burlington signed with them and I had a similar reaction as yall, "what the hell is a Lincoln Memorial?"

Lincoln Memorial is a D-2 powerhouse. Went 32-1 last year ... the loss was in their first game. Got an education about them when a really good player I covered in Burlington signed with them and I had a similar reaction as yall, "what the hell is a Lincoln Memorial?"

Apparently they beat Tennessee by 18 in a scrimmage this year. Catawba is basically all D1 transfers and apparently is playing with a full roster for the first time all year. From what I hear, the Burwell kid that transferred there from FIU is legit.

So it’s like we are playing ourselves.

Every now and then, there’s a school I’ve never heard of. Apparently Lincoln Memorial University is a tiny rural private school in Tennessee. They have other campuses including one minutes from my office.

Bellarmine is another one. They lost to ND on Monday. Bellarmine is in Louisville and actually play at Freedom Hall. They are transitioning to Division 1 and joined the Atlantic Sun this year.

I had never heard of Houston Baptist until we lost to them. I thought they were a hospital rec league team.

I'm always blown away by this & I go down the rabbit hole everytime.

It's the 10,000+ enrollment schools within driving distance that really freak me out.

I’m recalling that we’ve played Bellarmine before?

Apparently they beat Tennessee by 18 in a scrimmage this year. Catawba is basically all D1 transfers and apparently is playing with a full roster for the first time all year. From what I hear, the Burwell kid that transferred there from FIU is legit.

I'm not trusting that you are getting your information from an unbiased source.

We are a biased message board. No big deal.

I'm not trusting that you are getting your information from an unbiased source.

Oh yeah, he’s definitely biased given that he’s a Catawba coach. He’s also tight with Forbes and Davis and that’s probably the main reason this game is happening. He’s a hell of a recruiter and is pretty highly regarded as such in the Southeast, and he usually shoots me straight on stuff like this. This isn’t saying it’s gonna be a one possession game, but I think it’ll be a decent game before we hit ACC play.

Back