• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is inside scoop on bball pause?

82deacman

Reaction score
Conner O’Neal seems to think we will play another game before UVA. Others don’t. What is the inside info on the bball Covid issues. Did we get it from Delaware State? How bad is it?

Did you pm bigboy8?

His source has the SCOOP yet again

*Conor O'Neill

Thank you, man damn. I don't get bothered by the double-N or "er" or one-L but when somebody goes "Conner O'Neal" I start wondering if you're talking about a long lost cousin of Shaq.

To address the OP: Forbes told us yesterday before the shutdown news that he wished they'd played three games last week (as originally scheduled) and that they were trying to add a game for Sunday, reportedly (on here) against D-II Catawba. Despite the 2-0 start, Forbes made it seem like he's pretty bothered by a lot of the things they did in both games last week (rebounding chief concern, defensive breakdowns, ball movement). You get the sense the only way to fix a lot of the issues is to play games -- which they now obviously can't do.

So throw all that together, it seems like they'll be pretty desperate to get at least 2 games in before the UVA game -- as long as the medical experts clear it.

Heard from someone on campus that the team is quarantined in Graylyn and the Best Western on University. All staying in separate rooms and each of them eating alone. Doesn't sound great for any games in the near future.

I'm thinking scholarship players quarantine at Graylin while the walk-ons quarantine at Best Western.

I am thinking they got it from the UNC football players.

If the rules are the same for athletes as they are regular students (I doubt they are given the increased access to testing and medical professionals), then anybody who tests positive has to isolate for 10 days from the time they first show symptoms, and anybody who is contact traced but doesn’t become symptomatic or test positive must quarantine for 14 days. The UVA game is extremely unlikely to be played if that is the case.

I'm thinking scholarship players quarantine at Graylin while the walk-ons quarantine at Best Western.

I'm guessing that those that are COVID positive are staying in one facility (Best Western), while those that are currently negative are quarantining at the other (Graylin).

If the rules are the same for athletes as they are regular students (I doubt they are given the increased access to testing and medical professionals), then anybody who tests positive has to isolate for 10 days from the time they first show symptoms, and anybody who is contact traced but doesn’t become symptomatic or test positive must quarantine for 14 days. The UVA game is extremely unlikely to be played if that is the case.

Cue the Wahoo whining.

Not sure but I think the CDC just lowered the days to 8 and 10 respectively.

Not sure but I think the CDC just lowered the days to 8 and 10 respectively.

That would be good news, but I believe there are NCAA rules stating that you need a certain number of practice hours before competing in a game when coming back from covid. Pretty sure that's why Lawrence couldn't play against Notre Dame but was able to travel with the team.

Thank you, man damn. I don't get bothered by the double-N or "er" or one-L but when somebody goes "Conner O'Neal" I start wondering if you're talking about a long lost cousin of Shaq.

To address the OP: Forbes told us yesterday before the shutdown news that he wished they'd played three games last week (as originally scheduled) and that they were trying to add a game for Sunday, reportedly (on here) against D-II Catawba. Despite the 2-0 start, Forbes made it seem like he's pretty bothered by a lot of the things they did in both games last week (rebounding chief concern, defensive breakdowns, ball movement). You get the sense the only way to fix a lot of the issues is to play games -- which they now obviously can't do.

So throw all that together, it seems like they'll be pretty desperate to get at least 2 games in before the UVA game -- as long as the medical experts clear it.

Catawba? Seriously? What value would that game provide?

Back