• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My favorite albums of 2020

I don’t know why I just assumed I wouldn’t like Mac Miller until this point. I’m an asshole. That album is amazing.

I don’t know why I just assumed I wouldn’t like Mac Miller until this point. I’m an asshole. That album is amazing.

it's forgiveable -- when he emerged early as a frat/stoner rapper his stuff wasn't very good

but matured a lot over the course of his career and put out some good stuff -- his last three albums were all pretty good

he also had some decent producer chops, including this flip of one of my favorite Coltrane/Ellington tracks

I’ve never listened to Mac Miller because I didn’t like his early stuff, I’ll give it another shot

Yeah, Honestly I just check pitchforks highest rated new releases every few weeks and listen to a few tracks, otherwise I’d still be listening to the same shit I downloaded to my ipod in college.
I look at NPR streams, Bandcamp album of the week, Aquarium Drunkard, and follow some music folks on twitter. I've aged out of a lot of P4K recommendations, I'm afraid.
Yeah, ok. Fair points and good things to do if you have the time and inclination. I'm somewhat inclined, but time can be an issue. I've spent more time on bandcamp lately, though, so maybe I can work that part into my routine.

I was exactly the same way, man. Associated him with like, Little Peep, and just completely wrote him off. Super glad I gave Circles a spin on an off chance when it popped into my feed for new albums.

@Townie you listen to Washed Out/Purple Noon?

I'm not really into rap/hip hop much at all anymore, but I did about 30-45 minutes in a Mac Miller rabbit hole based on this thread and he's fucking good. The freestyle stuff on YouTube was great

Mac’s Tiny Desk concert is the closest thing to pure joy you’ll find

Apparently you've never spent National Chocolate Covered Anything (12/16) day with Mako's mom.

after spending the last 20 min trying to listen to the NPR top 100 list (and enjoying it) but not able to concentrate on work, I am reminded that another hurdle to taking in a lot of music is that I cannot multitask. It needs to be instrumental and fairly serene or I can't get anything else done.

I didn't really ever hook into Bill Callahan, Destroyer, Jay Electronica, Haim, or Bob Dylan this year. I'll keep relistening to Bill Callahan because it's very easy to listen to, but anyone have any super strong feelings about the rest?

That Strokes album was genuinely awful, Shoo

No, it wasn't. It has 3 tunes that are indisputably better than everything on that sad excuse for a acoustic beta bitch soyboy oatmilk soaked crybaby garbage list you posted.

Get back on the Starbucks wifi and refresh your pandemic benefits status you underemployed pasty yankbagg ginge.

TAB confirming The Strokes are now Dad Rock, that’s unfortunate.

Pitchfork drops their list with Fiona at #1 as expected

I dig that album, but defs didn't feel to me like some decade defining release or anything like Pitchfork treats it

Back