• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My favorite albums of 2020

Pitchfork drops their list with Fiona at #1 as expected

I dig that album, but defs didn't feel to me like some decade defining release or anything like Pitchfork treats it

wasn't as good as Idler Wheel; they missed the boat on the best Fiona release

No, it wasn't. It has 3 tunes that are indisputably better than everything on that sad excuse for a acoustic beta bitch soyboy oatmilk soaked crybaby garbage list you posted.

would the limos be lining up outside radio city to sign the band if those three tunes were the singles the strokes had at the time?

Pitchfork drops their list with Fiona at #1 as expected

I dig that album, but defs didn't feel to me like some decade defining release or anything like Pitchfork treats it

P4K is dead. The founders are gone. Its like Deadspin now if not worse. No more milennial cultural currency, just vanilla paste PC lockdown incel Gen Z replicants.

P4K is dead. The founders are gone. Its like Deadspin now if not worse. No more milennial cultural currency, just vanilla paste PC lockdown incel Gen Z replicants.

be that as it may, it is still part of my internet rotation and I still find out about new music through them -- it's a very easy-to-consume layout on the reviews page that can be browsed quickly

old habits die hard

Are you working from overseas today or do you regularly try to concentrate on work at quarter to 5 am?

i get up at 4 most days to work until 6, when the rest of the fam begins to wake up. It's my best quiet work time of the day.

No, it wasn't. It has 3 tunes that are indisputably better than everything on that sad excuse for a acoustic beta bitch soyboy oatmilk soaked crybaby garbage list you posted.

Get back on the Starbucks wifi and refresh your pandemic benefits status you underemployed pasty yankbagg ginge.

what a shocking response !

would the limos be lining up outside radio city to sign the band if those three tunes were the singles the strokes had at the time?

No but not even Birds Scooters have ever even lined up to sign Wolf Parade, which was my point.

Strokes suffer critically by not living up to their own previous highs, which your 'are limos lining up?' standard elucidates. Limos don't have to line up; it doesnt have to be Is This It?, to still to be good, or better than most 'rock' in 2020.

To twist your analogy, if a band of 22 year olds released 'Brooklyn Bridge to Chorus', they would be getting a lot more hype than the Strokes release.

isaac brock signed wolf parade to sub pop before they even came out with an ep (edit: okay it was a few months later, shut up)

what the fuck are you talking about, you intensely unlikeable dolt

Last edited:
Back