• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

12/16 vs UVA Postponed

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
Must be a bad situation if we’re cancelled this early.

Edited to add: its for Covid issues at WF.

Has there been a P5 school more affected by COVID in both football and bball than Wake?

Not to point fingers, but what are we doing wrong?

I look at it more as what we are doing right.

I guarantee you the majority of the ACC isn't complying with the contact tracing rules. I bet we had some guys catch it from the UNC game. Would that surprise anyone?

As far as basketball, sounds like we have Delaware state to thank for this outbreak. Maybe im that parent who has shitty kids but blames all of the other parents for their shitty kids. But I honestly don't think we are an outlier. We are just Wake Forest and playing by the rules and health guidelines.

I could easily see that as being the case as well. Maybe a school doesn't hide a positive case but if they can pretend that some odd starters aren't unavailable due to contract tracing then ehhh...

I guarantee you the majority of the ACC isn't complying with the contact tracing rules. I bet we had some guys catch it from the UNC game. Would that surprise anyone?

As far as basketball, sounds like we have Delaware state to thank for this outbreak. Maybe im that parent who has shitty kids but blames all of the other parents for their shitty kids. But I honestly don't think we are an outlier. We are just Wake Forest and playing by the rules and health guidelines.

I think there's a high probability the basketball issues are related to Delaware State. I doubt the football issues are related to UNC unless they are sweeping actual cases under the rug. Since UNC is all online this semester, they shouldn't have too much interaction with people outside of the football program. I think it's more likely we picked it up on campus from the general student body.

Agree with this. I expect there's lots of corners being cut at other schools (not to mention a lot of Trump-style "sacrifice the weak" attitudes).

Carolina was willing to sweep academic fraud under the rug for 30 years - I think them playing a covid + player or 6, is not a stretch.

Back