• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at L'ville -- Saturday December 12 - Noon - ACCN

Pilchard

Reaction score
If the current schedule holds, WF will play its first football game in 4 weeks this Saturday at L'ville. FWIW, on September 19, WF played NC State. It was the Wolfpack opener, and WF's 2nd game of the season. NC State has now completed their 11 game schedule, while WF has played only 5 games since playing the Pack. WF has had 6 open dates since opening the season on September 12.

L'ville is 3-7 (2-7) has had a number of opt-outs this year the most prominent was their returning all-ACC RB Javian Hawkins. The Cards two wins came against horrible Syracuse 30-0 and disinterested FSU 48-16. L'ville last played on November 28 losing at BC 34-27. Over the past week, there were rumors that Coach Satterfield was going to jump to S. Carolina, but he belatedly reaffirmed his commitment to L'ville and S. Carolina moved on to Shane Beamer.

L'ville opened as a 4 point favorite; the line is now L'ville -2. The total is 64.5.

I don't have any issue with that. I'd rather him get rested up for next season than have him getting injured in the remaining cluster fuck that is the season.

Yeah, I completely respect this decision and it kind of shows he doesn't care about his stats. Given we play both UL and FSU, he would have set the single season record for most TD's...in 9 games!! He's at 13 and the record at Wake is 15...Ain't no way he doesn't get a few more against these putrid defenses.

Here's to hoping he comes back in the Spring ready to lead a really potent offense.

Tutu Atwell...who must be decent b/c I've heard of him...is done and declaring for the '21 draft.

It's going to be an interesting game.

Kudos to Boogie for sticking it out. He's going to get paid to play football soon, and it would be completely understandable if decided to opt out at this point. Credit to him to finishing the season. He loves the game.

Concerned that Walker’s decision could be related to academics or happiness at WF. Hope he comes back after the break.

You all need to stop with this worrying unless there is any real reason to worry.

Wouldn't be surprised if outbreak changed people's mind on season.

Clawson said Walker plans to return to campus (and the team) next semester

It’s stressful as shit for everybody right now. I talked with a younger cousin-in law who’s a junior at Wake right now and his description of the past year was depressing as hell. I don’t fault any of these players from opting out of this bullshit half/season. I love Wake Football and it brings me a lot of joy to watch it, but it wouldn’t bother me a bit if they called the season off.

Hell, I support ending the season just so Clawson can go be with his wife again.

Completely agree with both. I wouldn't fault a player who hasn't played in a month who just wants to go home and be with his family now.

Back