• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Congratulations to MDMH!

unless you're playing a guy who only has like 12 games left

And you’re in 9th and need to get to 7 to have the best shot at making the playoffs.

Who would have thought that Juice on the Fantasy NBA thread = palma on the Fascism thread. #gametheory

Compressed schedule, too much pressure on the lower extremities - many leg injuries, turned ankles.

We just lost Turner and Trae Young (high ankle sprain or similar). Not to mention Kev Porter, Jr. Deni Avdija for the Wizards, is not fantasy relevant, but he nearly wrecked his CAREER last night. Ugh.

Crazy.

I have 5 teams, went 69-11 in the regular season HTH and now I am not able to survive all the injures, DTD and Outs.

Just nuts.

Going to be tight tomorrow. For the rest of my life I'll be able to say I drafted Luka, Zion, Mitchell, and Michael Porter, Jr for the same fantasy team and I didn't make the playoffs. Not going to be able to draft those four together in a 12 team league for a long time.

Some thoughts about next season's league before we lose people for the playoffs.

I think going back to the typical 82 game schedule will address some of the issues we've discussed with the league this year. Injuries hopefully won't be as big of a problem. Consistent rosters will make waiver wire pickups less necessary. I do think that the overall depth of talent in the league makes the waiver wire appealing and makes trades more risky. Anybody can go off at any time for one game or a week and a lot of guys can become great pickups for the rest of a season. Why give up a player when you can gamble on the waiver wire?

I also think trades may be more risky in a H2H league when a strength one week may not be a strength the next week. I'm sure we've all had weeks where we lost a category to the only team that did better in that category.

I'm not sure how best to set the rules around that but here are some thoughts.

Aim for a 16 team league. That will address the depth issue and keep more players out of the waiver wire.
Keep the same 10 player active roster and 3 player bench. Go with 1 IL and 2 IL+ spots. Go down from 4 transactions a week to 3. D14 and I are the only ones to average more than 3 moves a week anyway.

Speaking of gambling on the waiver wire, I just saw that Jakob Poeltl is the #1 player in fantasy this week. My C situation was horrible then I picked him up. Then the Spurs sat LMA and he's been a consistent 12/8 guy with 3+ blocks.

Last edited:
I defer to the better fantasy players for the rule changes next year

Had fun this season, I am a guy who loves the draft and then likes to half pay attention to streaming week in week out.

Appreciate you running it Ph.

By my calculations, Townie you've locked in a playoff spot. Right now, you're at 74-78-1 (.4868) and I'm 73-77-3 (.4867).

D14 gets the #6 seed unless Hield, Oubre, and Poole combine for three of the following in the 2nd half: 12 threes, 1 reb, 7 stls, 4 blocks.

isle gets the #6 or #7 unless Haliburton scores 10 points in the 2nd half. He's 2/9 from the field now.

If either of those happen, I slide in. If Haliburton scores 9, isle and I tie for 8. I don't know what the tiebreaker is. If it's head-to-head, I'm in.

Last edited:
Haliburton had 18 in the second half, so it looks like I get the #8 seed.

Ironic that the only trade in the league was isle giving up Capela and Herro for Fox but he got knocked out of the playoffs because Haliburton scored enough points for Gregg Popacapabish last night because Fox was out.

The Playoffs are set.

1 Cody Z's Baldspot vs. 8 Ph's Spurs Donks - Cody Z has been dominant with a weekly record of 14-2-1; however those two losses did come in the last six weeks. The Spurs Donks barely made it by going big and winning FG% on Sunday.

4 Giannis Aneedtocrap vs. 5 Beal or No Beal - Aneedtocrapo won this matchup 5-4 two weeks ago. Aneedtocrapo has won 7 of the last 8 weeks with the only loss coming to Cody Z. Beal has lost the last two weeks.

3 Gregg Popacapabish vs. 6 D14 - Popacapabish beat D14 5-4 three weeks ago. D14 made the field with a 6-3 win over Beal or No Beal, but that was one of only three wins over teams in the playoffs (2 wins over Ph).

2 Baggy Magnums vs. 7 Medium Baller Brand - Baggy Magnums dropped from the #1 spot after losing three of the last four weeks. Medium Baller Brand is coming off their second two win streak of the season.

Looks like Cody Z should win easily and the other three matchups will be close.

By my calculations, Townie you've locked in a playoff spot. Right now, you're at 74-78-1 (.4868) and I'm 73-77-3 (.4867).

D14 gets the #6 seed unless Hield, Oubre, and Poole combine for three of the following in the 2nd half: 12 threes, 1 reb, 7 stls, 4 blocks.

isle gets the #6 or #7 unless Haliburton scores 10 points in the 2nd half. He's 2/9 from the field now.

If either of those happen, I slide in. If Haliburton scores 9, isle and I tie for 8. I don't know what the tiebreaker is. If it's head-to-head, I'm in.

From 6 seed out of 8 to 9th. Ouch. Oh well. Made the playoffs in both money leagues, though nothing going right this year.

with all due respect, townie can eat shit this week

already, Tatum is sitting tomorrow for rest and Embiid is questionable tonight for rest

Last edited:
It’s kinda funny that I grinded with so many calculated add/drops just to very likely get smoked in the first round of the playoffs after barely making it

It’s kinda funny that I grinded with so many calculated add/drops just to very likely get smoked in the first round of the playoffs after barely making it

Same here. Picked up DAJ and Robin Lopez for Sunday FG% and it paid off. May as well get my shit kicked in now.

Ironic that the only trade in the league was isle giving up Capela and Herro for Fox but he got knocked out of the playoffs because Haliburton scored enough points for Gregg Popacapabish last night because Fox was out.

The Playoffs are set.

1 Cody Z's Baldspot vs. 8 Ph's Spurs Donks - Cody Z has been dominant with a weekly record of 14-2-1; however those two losses did come in the last six weeks. The Spurs Donks barely made it by going big and winning FG% on Sunday.

4 Giannis Aneedtocrap vs. 5 Beal or No Beal - Aneedtocrapo won this matchup 5-4 two weeks ago. Aneedtocrapo has won 7 of the last 8 weeks with the only loss coming to Cody Z. Beal has lost the last two weeks.

3 Gregg Popacapabish vs. 6 D14 - Popacapabish beat D14 5-4 three weeks ago. D14 made the field with a 6-3 win over Beal or No Beal, but that was one of only three wins over teams in the playoffs (2 wins over Ph).

2 Baggy Magnums vs. 7 Medium Baller Brand - Baggy Magnums dropped from the #1 spot after losing three of the last four weeks. Medium Baller Brand is coming off their second two win streak of the season.

Looks like Cody Z should win easily and the other three matchups will be close.

Friday night update

1 Cody Z's Baldspot vs. 8 Ph's Spurs Donks - Cody Z is cruising with a strong 6-3 lead.

4 Giannis Aneedtocrap vs. 5 Beal or No Beal - Beal is up 5-3 with a solid lead in 3 categories.

3 Gregg Popacapabish vs. 6 D14 - D14 is up 5-4 including leading 3 of the 5 categories that could go either way.

2 Baggy Magnums vs. 7 Medium Baller Brand - Baggy has a big 7-2 lead.

Well at least I’m making Cody Z work for it.

c3249f680e64f963aa3cedc4152c4acb.jpg

I’d actually have a shot at the upset if I had remembered to check my roster on Thursday and didn’t leave three guys on the bench.

Semi-Finals

#1 Cody Z Baldspots vs. #5 Beal or No Beal
- Cody Z won early in the season but lost to Beal 4-5 in Week 14.
#2 Baggy Maggums vs. #6 D14 - Baggy won twice this season 7-2 and 6-3.

The only close matchup was Beal or No Beal winning 5-4 by getting one more block. Without that block, he would have lost due to the seeding tiebreaker.

Be sure to keep playing the consolation matchups.

#4 Giannis Aneedtocrapo vs. #8 Ph's Spurs Donks
#3 Gregg Popacapabish vs. #7 Medium Baller Brand

Back