• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Congratulations to MDMH!

#1 Cody Z vs. #6 D14 for the championship

Cody Z beat Beal or No Beal 5-3
D14 beat Baggy Magnums 6-3

Baggy vs. Beal for 3rd place

#7 Medium Baller Brand vs. #8 Ph's Spurs Donks for the 5th place consolation championship

Medium Baller Brand beat Gregg Popacapabish 7-2. Looks like Gregg quit and will finish 8.

Ph beat Giannis Aneedtocrap 5-4

D14 leads Cody Z 5-4 going into the last day of the season.

D14 has locked up FG%, FT%, 3PT, and PTS. He leads BLK by 4.
Cody Z has a small lead in the other categories with everything up for grabs tomorrow.

D14 won three straight weeks only once this season against three teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Getting hot at the right time. Which is amazing considering Vanvleet and Lowry both haven’t done anything meaningful in weeks. Half my major contributors were not drafted by me

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Playoffs

The one trade in this league had major implications. It may have kept isle out of the playoffs and helped you win a championship.

Last edited:
4-4 headed into the later games. Pretty much whichever of our teams gets more blocks in these games wins this

Turnovers are tight as well.

Cody Z wins 5-4 to win the championship. Cody Z won by 4 blocks and 3 turnovers. Completely forgot which one of you is Cody Z, but congratulations! 100 wins and the title.

So D14, I couldn't come right out and ask before 9:00, so I guess I'll ask now. You had big leads in 4 categories. Did you consider sitting some of or all of your 9:00 game players and try to win turnovers? Winning blocks was unlikely with Gobert playing.

Final playoff standings
1 Cody Z
2 D14
3 Baggy Magnums
4 Beal or No Beal
5 Ph's Spurs Donks
6 Medium Baller Brand
7 Giannis Aneedtocrapo
8 Greggg Popacapabish

Yeah I thought about doing it again. I had more players going so I felt like there was a decent chance I could win blocks. It would have been the thing to do, but I’m fine with second place so I decided to just play straight up for it this time

That was fun. I just squeaked by in the last two rounds with defensive stats - thankfully my draft strategy worked out and my team was probably the healthiest throughout the season considering how few roster moves I had to make.

Fun season, would def run it back

Thanks for running, Ph

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Playoffs

No problem. Between the pandemic, this league, and having league pass for the first time, I was more invested in the NBA than I’ve been in years. I don’t know what to do with myself tonight. Bad move not scheduling any WNBA games tonight.

Looking forward to doing this next year.

That was fun. I just squeaked by in the last two rounds with defensive stats - thankfully my draft strategy worked out and my team was probably the healthiest throughout the season considering how few roster moves I had to make.

Could you share your draft strategy or is it a secret?

Don't tell him, he'll just make it illegal next season.

MHMD drafted 8th. Here is his draft:

1. Steph
2. Beal
3. Gobert
4. Ingram
5. Draymond
6. Coby White
7. Bledsoe
8. Steven Adams
9. PJ Washington
10. Conley Jr
11. Chris Boucher
12. Killian Hayes

A few draft superlatives:
Best pick: Pilch getting Randle in the 7th between Brandon Clarke and Oladipo.
Runner up: Aneedtocrapo getting Terry Rozier at the end of the 11th.
Worst pick: Me picking Aldridge in the 4th. Maybe Paint Touches taking Whiteside in the 5th.
Best Round 13 pick: Maybe me picking Kuzma. The last round was pretty weak. Miles Bridges, Ingles, and Harrison Barnes in the 12th were the last guys to get drafted who I don't think were ever on waivers.

Last edited:
Could you share your draft strategy or is it a secret?

When Steph fell to me at 8, and I picked up Beal in the 2nd round I knew that with two of the most prolific volume shooters I decided to focus on defensive stats and punt on percentages, which is why I drafted Ingram, Gobert, Adams, and Bledsoe. IMO it’s much easier to predict steals and blocks than it is percentages, because 3-4 players can carry you in defensive stats while the percentages are team focused stats.

Also, think I should be in the running for best (blind luck) pick with Chris Boucher in the 11th round. He finished the season 43rd most valuable and would have been higher if the Raps coach would stop dicking around with his PT. Kid is a unicorn.

Back