Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Week 16

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I'm enjoying the chess match with D14 this week. Tied 4-4 and most stats are pretty close.

I picked up Luke Kennard for Tuesday after PG was announced out. Then D14 picked up Shake Milton. Last night, I brought Gary Trent, Jr back to the Donks and he got his career high. D14 had a good night with Maledon.

I thought about making some moves, but I want to see how injuries shake out. Luka, Wall, and Mitchell have missed games so I'm low on assists.

And we've got Hawks-Spurs tonight.
    Haha it really is me vs you this week. Hopefully this Hawks Spurs game goes better than the last one.

Just when my team gets healthy, Lowry gets a toe infection, so Iím riding the waiver wire yet again

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I really wish Yahoo had IL+ at the beginning of the season. I kind of want to add another IL+ slot just so you can switch guys on and off IL+ without dropping a player.

One IL+ feels good to me
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Yeah. One IL+ is fine because we already have 3 IL spots. Ideally we'd have three IL+ spots.

I don't think multiple D2D's should be regularly IR-able. If you pick up more than one player who might see a lot of load management, you should carry some risk with that pick. Multiple IL+ (even one really, but ah what the hell) is kinda goofy.

Shake Milton has 27 points, so time to admit that I am the undisputed waiver wire GOD Ph

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Week 14 - Trade Deadline extended to April 9

LOL. Trent had his career high 30 pts last night. Iíve still got two moves left.

TK, every player worth rostering is potentially going to have a short term injury or have load management. Thatís part of the challenge especially this season. Two hours before a game, anybody could be out. Could plan to have a guy for four games in a week and lose him for two. Not being able to sub is punishment. Wise subs is good coaching by picking up lesser players to fill in. I thought about adding a guy this morning for today and the weekend. I was wasnít completely sold so I didnít make the move. I just checked and heís out today.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 04-01-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Geez. Derrick White going off from three just when I face him in fantasy and neither of us can be completely happy about it.

Geez. Derrick White going off from three just when I face him in fantasy and neither of us can be completely happy about it.
    Iím cool with Derrick White 30 points and a Hawks W, no complaints from me

TK, every player worth rostering is potentially going to have a short term injury or have load management. Thatís part of the challenge especially this season. Two hours before a game, anybody could be out. Could plan to have a guy for four games in a week and lose him for two. Not being able to sub is punishment. Wise subs is good coaching by picking up lesser players to fill in. I thought about adding a guy this morning for today and the weekend. I was wasnít completely sold so I didnít make the move. I just checked and heís out today.
    I just disagree. Injuries are a part of the game. Not punishment at all.

If you have so many short-term injuries that you're not able to sub with the one IL+ then you need to be judicious about who you cut and you need to watch the wavier wire more closely to make up for any cuts you make later in the season.

my beef is that Yahoo is inconsistent in their categorization of injuries

a true GTD, I get -- but for a guy to be out a week or more and get listed as O and not INJ is a problem if you can IL them

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    my beef is that Yahoo is inconsistent in their categorization of injuries

a true GTD, I get -- but for a guy to be out a week or more and get listed as O and not INJ is a problem if you can IL them
    yeah I'm on board with that beef

though some of that is the result of teams like Memphis and Minnesota not being forthcoming with injury data

that's why I think one IL+ (to accommodate for this) and two IL (for long term injuries) is the sweet spot (excluding this crazy season)

Also heard Fantrax is way better re: injury updates.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
    Iím cool with Derrick White 30 points and a Hawks W, no complaints from me
    Looks like that's what you're going to get. The Spurs are 0-fer in getting stops down 1 or 2.

Looks like that's what you're going to get. The Spurs are 0-fer in getting stops down 1 or 2.
    You underestimate the power of ATL sports to choke

Hell of a time to get a "stop." Great play by McMillan. Hard to believe Trae missed it. Free basketball!

If Demar DeRozan is your go-to player, you've got to go 2 for 1 because you're more likely to end up with a 2 instead of a 3. Don't understand just trying to get one good shot there.

That may have been the worst ending to an OT Iíve ever seen

To be fair, I've been telling you all that Poeltl and Dejounte are elite defenders. They locked Trae up good.