• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Congratulations to MDMH!

Yeah, that was the first OT. Trae went off in the 2nd OT. All the haters on this board should watch those highlights. Hopefully the Hawks can get the full squad for the playoffs.

Third game in four nights for the Spurs. I'm losing my optimism. The young players are growing but not winning even against teams without top players. Everything is so dependent on DeRozan getting to the basket. This squad is 2-3 years away from reaching a peak, but I'm not sure how high that peak actually is. If DeRozan leaves, they still need a big time scorer on the wing.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was the first OT. Trae went off in the 2nd OT. All the haters on this board should watch those highlights. Hopefully the Hawks can get the full squad for the playoffs.

Third game in four nights for the Spurs. I'm losing my optimism. The young players are growing but not winning even against teams without top players. Everything is so dependent on DeRozan getting to the basket. This squad is 2-3 years away from reaching a peak, but I'm not sure how high that peak actually is. If DeRozan leaves, they still need a big time scorer on the wing.

In fairness Trae’s scoring was pretty quiet in the first three quarters, but that’s often his MO. He gets teammates involved early and hunts his own shots late.

My impression of that Spurs team (that was my first watch this season) was that literally everything seems to run through Derozan. Seems like there’s a lot of complimentary pieces on the team, but I have no idea who would step up to create shots in crunch time without him out there. Which, I mean, Hawks are kind of the same way with Trae, but you’d rather that guy be young in age than be Derozan’s age and with his 3PT shooting limitations.

Yeah. The Spurs have several intriguing young players. Dejounte Murray is coming into his own as slasher and finisher. He was already a great defender and guard rebounder. But he's not allowed to be the primary playmaker. Derrick White is a good defender, but not a good shooter, so a night like tonight is encouraging. Jakob Poeltl is becoming a great defender and he's turning into a good finisher and a double-double machine. Keldon Johnson has hit a wall and I'll probably end up cutting him, but he's going to a great multipurpose athletic wing.

But there's no star, so DeRozan is the primary playmaker and scorer which sucks in crunch time because not only is he a poor three point shooter, he doesn't really like shooting threes at all. I suspect he's ball dominant because that's how to get the most out of him and because Pop doesn't trust the kids. Obviously I love Pop but an old coach chasing history isn't a great fit with a young team whose window starts in 2-3 years. There's an argument that the franchise would be better off making Becky the head coach and letting her grow with the young talent.

When DeRozan is out, it seems like Murray does more playmaking and Gay and Mills end up being the go-to scorers. If the Spurs let DeRozan go, they'll have a ton of cap space and will still need a veteran wing scorer but the main hole in the lineup is PF. So that's why JC is the obvious FA choice.

The hope is rookie Devin Vassell (6 pts, 1 stl, 1 blk in 11 min tonight) is on the Kawhi track. Vassell, Gay, and Mills are the only good 3-point shooters on the roster. Vassell is the only one who looks like he has the game of a perennial all-star, but obviously that's a few years out if ever. Worst case he's Robert Covington in his last few years in Philly, so that's cool.

What do you think a full-squad Hawks would look like? It seems like they have a veteran lineup and a young lineup, but there haven't been two many games with both.

Got it. Idk about expecting JC to come in and carry that team as a primary playmaker, but it’s definitely one of his potential landing spots if he leaves.

I don’t think full strength Hawks has happened a single time this season. The biggest thing missing at the moment is our 3 best on ball defenders (Kris Dunn, Deandre Hunter, Cam Reddish). Having those guys would have helped a ton on Derozan tonight. The defensive concept of the team is to utilize those guys to hide Trae, and to limit offensive rebounds with the plus rebounding of Collins and Capela. Offensively, the concept is heavy pick and roll with Trae and Collins/Capela, and for Trae to be absolutely surrounded by shooters (Gallo, Bogdan, Huerter, Hunter, Reddish, Snell, Collins are all good shooters). The team is built to crush the offensive glass too with Collins/Capela. It’s gonna be live or die on Trae’s decision-making with the ball in his hands, but his floater/getting to the rim is way more important than his shooting, and he is honestly great about not forcing his own shots if it isn’t there.

If you were asking what end of game lineup is at full strength, it’s probably Trae, Bogdan, Hunter/Reddish, Collins, Gallo/Capela depending on situation/hot hands. Pierce took Capela out of the game a lot towards the end of games, but McMillan has done that less

Part of my point with JC to the Spurs is that he’s the best case scenario and fit and still doesn’t fit the need for someone to carry the offense. Someone like Marrakken even less so.

I’m curious how McMillan puts together a full squad rotation late in the season and in the playoffs. Obviously matchups play a role. Obvious Trae plays a lot of minutes and the post rotation is JC/Capela/Gallo. But he’s got a lot of options on the wings.

I still have no idea which posters are which teams for like half the teams.

Honestly making the most transactions in the league to finish middle of the pack sounds about right for me though. Whoever dropped Anthony Edwards a month and a half ago I do appreciate it.

I drafted him in every league and dropped him in every league. About a week before he went from "awful percentages, nothing special anywhere" to "pretty freaking good." i tried to trade back to get him in my keeper league (which has a short bench, and i have had some combination of LBJ, KD, Klay and Nurkic/M-Rob on my IL all year), and the guy who got him said he is his new Donovan Mitchell. Oh well.

i know nobody cares about other leagues, but I have a keeper team with Jokic, Lebron, KD, Harden, Collins, Wall, Nurkic, M-Rob... and am in a distant fourth place. This year has been brutal.

i know nobody cares about other leagues, but I have a keeper team with Jokic, Lebron, KD, Harden, Collins, Wall, Nurkic, M-Rob... and am in a distant fourth place. This year has been brutal.

wat.

how.

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Week 14 - Trade Deadline extended to April 9

I can see that team in a keeper league over several seasons. Most of those guys have had significant injuries/absences.

KD, Harden, and Lebron have been Rd 1 picks for at least the last four years, iirc - that's what's throwing me. curious to hear more.

must have picked up KD for the injury season?

I could see someone trading Lebron or KD when they were out for the season.

I could see someone trading Lebron or KD when they were out for the season.

it is an auction league, ten teams. in order to keep a player, it is $5 over their cost the previous year with a $120 total cap. been in the same league for about 10-15 years. got Wall for $0 and stashed him when he was injured (doing that with Klay now, but may have to ditch him b/c my IL is overflowing with JC now hurt). got KD cheap at a draft where he was too expensive to keep and was out for the year, stashed him. paid for Lebron and Harden only at this year's draft (each about 25% of my total cap - the league starts 8 guys, with 3 on the bench). have had Jokic the whole time. Same for Collins.

players i gave up on too young: Giannis (oops). D'aaron Fox. Edwards. Ugh. haha

but this is the year it was all supposed to come together because i can't keep hardly any of these guys next year, and to be in fourth place is so annoying. ha

it is an auction league, ten teams. in order to keep a player, it is $5 over their cost the previous year with a $120 total cap.

no yearly cap? rsf's league had three (maybe four year) cap on holding a player I think.

no yearly cap - so it is an unmitigated boon for people who get rookies cheap and they turn out to be amazing... unless you give up on rookie Giannis, in which case it annoys you for like 7 years, apparently.

with that said, i am open to trades if anyone wants to try to send something over.

no yearly cap - so it is an unmitigated boon for people who get rookies cheap and they turn out to be amazing... unless you give up on rookie Giannis, in which case it annoys you for like 7 years, apparently.

damn that is NUTS get them rookies

I lost the chess match with D14. Gambled on these Thunder kids. Pokusevski and Roby combined for 13 points and 11 turnovers.

Back