• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Congratulations to MDMH!

I just lost a guy in my pay league, so if anybody is interested, let me know. We had to roll over money from last year, so this year it would be an $88 buy in for $109 in payouts. Let me know and send me a message with your email. Draft is Monday night at 9pm

Dumb-ass question that I can't easily find an answer to on the league website- I understand all the categories that we are tracking, but how do those actually translate into points? If player A is 5-10 for 10 points, and player B is 5-15 for 10 points, what is the affect of the better FG% for player A?

Both players contribute 10 points to the Pts category. Player A contributes 5-10 to FG% and Player B contributes 5-15 to FG%.

Going Head to Head, the winner of the Pts category will be the team with more total points that week. The winner of the FG% category will be the team with the highest FG% that week.

There are 9 total categories, so each team will finish the week with a record like 5-4 or 6-3, or 5-4-1. Those records accumulate during the season for I think 17 weeks. Each player will have a record out of 17 x 9 = 153 "games." So the winner of the league could be someone who finishes with a record of 100-50-3 or something like that.

The goal is to balance your roster with players who can produce across as many of the 9 categories as possible and can fill every roster spot.

When is it set to randomize the draft order? Will we get much advanced notice of what draft position we have?

I did a mock this morning in the 5th position and did NOT like my team haha

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Draft date and format discussions

When is it set to randomize the draft order? Will we get much advanced notice of what draft position we have?

Not sure when the draft position comes out. The league isn’t finalized because we are still waiting for one more person. I don’t know you all’s names so I don’t know who is missing. I’ll open it up tonight if that person doesn’t sign up.

Here are the teams:

Ph's Spurs Donks
Greggg Popacapabish
Medium Baller Brand
D14
Googling Fournier
MyTeamIsAJokic(isle)
Paint Touches
The Cody Z Baldspots
Giannis Aneedtocrapo
Juice Crew All Stars
Patrick's Primo Team

RSF, let me know which team is yours so I can make you co-commish.

Last edited:
We have all 12 signed up and ready to draft tonight.

having never played fantasy basketball, I should probably do some pre-draft research but I also probably won't

I did a mock draft and I was happy it ended before I got into “who are these guys?” territory.

Just mock drafted 8th and I did not like how it turned out. There are so many players listed as out right now, you have to be on top of injury updates before you draft.

Part of the challenge of a 9 category head to head fantasy NBA league is that you’re not going to be good in all 9 categories and the margins may depend on how you use the waiver wire. Do you choose to be decent across the board or be dominant in one or two categories and sacrifice one or two? You may have a plan going in but you pick someone in the first who doesn’t fit that plan. Then you have to pick players who match his strengths or make up for his weaknesses.

I need to change the draft settings to 1 minute between picks.

It says that order of selection will be determined 30 minutes prior to draft starting, so you get around thirty minutes to come up with a plan based on your draft position, which is fine.

how much can you really plan beyond your first pick anyways?

Mock drafts (12 player in this case) give you a general idea of which players are going to be available when, and better prepare you for contingencies. If you are drafting by position, there may be a run on that position before your next pick. Yahoo drafts actually have player queues, so if you familiarize your self with mock drafts, you can fill your queue with multiple players around the order of your picks, and that way you aren’t scrambling if the player you planned to pick isn’t available when you expect.

I guess but I still don't see how knowing whether you're picking 3rd or 8th helps beyond the first round, maybe the second

whatever, I'mma shoot from the hip and win this shit

12 teams x 15 players = 180 players. 1 minute a piece is a max 3 hour draft. I'm hoping it's no more than 2 hours.

I think we're all fairly knowledgeable about the NBA, so I don't think we need much more than a minute to draft.

Back