• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Congratulations to MDMH!

So I get that George Hill wants to see his family and all that, but does he realize that our fantasy league is at risk here?

as a George Hill superfan and fantasy owner, he makes some very obvious but good points about how stupid some of the rules are

as a George Hill superfan and fantasy owner, he makes some very obvious but good points about how stupid some of the rules are

He definitely points out the inhumanity of capitalism that has become so much more apparent during the pandemic. If George Hill feels that way about playing basketball, how do you think grocery store cashiers feel? It makes perfect sense that people would rebel against having to work under the very same conditions under which they are told it’s not even safe to go outside

George Hill is dead on. As a fan, I'd be fine with the NBA stopping until vaccinations are more widespread and even until fans could come back safely. We're far worse off now than during the March postponement or even during the bubble. Why force this?

h3FYw8.gif

Just missed the timing of taking Tobias and Shake off IL for tonight’s game. Whoops. Shake had a game.

I wanted to make a move tonight, but I didn't want to drop two players because I'd have to take Zion off IL. Made sense to wait until tomorrow.

gotta say, the Yahoo rules around IL are really chapping my ass

already have my top guy out for two weeks for Covid, now my second guy is out for the next two games with an injury, but can't move him to IL to add someone

second time this week I've had a guy out for non-Covid injuries over multiple consecutive games that wasn't IL eligible

Any thoughts on changing the waivers time from 2 days to 1 day? As it is now, players spend at least 2 full days on waivers. Drop a player today and he comes off waivers on Monday. If everybody is checking FAs everyday then 1 day should work and move more players around. If people aren't checking everyday, I'm fine keeping it at 2 days.

The IL spots are helpful, but my problem is theres nothing to do with players who’s games get postponed - probably taking my first L this week because of all the postponed games

Yeah. That sucks. But there’s really nothing to do. Hopefully those games get made up which would give you an advantage later.

I wish there was a maximum games setting make it less of a scramble to just get as many games as possible.

Can’t believe I pulled out the win last week, I was behind 6-2 all week until Sunday evening.

Well you’re playing me this week so things should improve.

isle, you gotta update your roster, man. You've got Duncan Robinson, Clint Capela, and Bam sitting on the bench.

Ugh - I had hit start active players, but I think that the week resets if you make any changes. My bad.

Yep.

I want to win as much as the next guy but I don’t take pride in winning blocks because my opponent has Capela sitting on the bench.

I think the longest I've made it without using all of my IL spots has been 2 days. Out of the 13 players I drafted, only 3 have not spent at least 3 games on the IL. My top two picks have combined to play in 11 total games. This is the most injured fantasy team I've ever had by an absolute mile

Back