• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Congratulations to MDMH!

It's pretty crazy. I think they're getting more generous with the IL designation. That's a good reason to check your roster every day and get the fantasy alerts.

while I've had a little bit of bad luck with having my top guys miss games in concentrated weeks, I've definitely had a lot of luck facing opponents with injuries to key players

that said, my opponent this week is showing 11 games played and has totaled 9 rebounds -- that's hard to do

I've said this before, but I really wish we could set maximum games in H2H. Without it, we can't hold on to a promising player who may not be ready yet without risking that he'll have some major duds. If the max was 35 (equivalent of 5 starters for 7 days), we could focus on maxing out games with our best players and the pick and choose matchups for the bottom of the roster. It would also mitigate the injuries and players sitting out back to backs. Assists and blocks could come down to whether or not your PG or C sits out a game.

yeah, that would be ideal and would bring more strategy to the game

I suppose you could have some sort of gentlemen's agreement to only play X number of games but I don't get the vibe we have enough interest/daily attention paid to make that work here

that said, still glad I'm doing it -- not sure if I'll keep going beyond this year because it does kinda negatively affect the way I watch games with my players involved, but it has been fun

Yeah. That’s just part of fantasy. I couldn’t enjoy Steph and Draymond vs the Mavs because I was playing against them with Luka and Hardaway Jr. I had 85 threes last week and lost because Steph went off.

At least in H2H, you’re rooting against a few guys instead of the whole league.

right, but it's also part of why I bailed on fantasy football, which I had sort of forgotten

I think it’s an acceptable part unless you take fantasy too seriously. If I’m going against Jokic and he has an insane Jokic line, it’s just bad luck and I’ll be mad I didn’t draft him.

I'll keep being active this year, but I'm not sure if I will do it next year. The chances of finding someone who actually makes a difference over the long haul (as opposed to picking up 1 guy to get 2 more games during a week) seems really small once the draft is over. In football (although I haven't played in like 3 years) I always felt like if you were looking, you might find somebody who could really be helpful from the free agent list even after like week 10 or so. Now, its just churning to churn.

there's defs some incentive for churning, but I've also gotten burned by losing some good players by churning them out

I also think it really only works at the very bottom of the roster -- one good game is better than two bad games

I don't think there's been a trade yet -- I've been looking at some trade possibilities lately, but haven't found one that strikes my fancy yet

saw this when I checked my roster today, I think it'd be good for our league:

The IL+ slot for Yahoo Fantasy Basketball leagues is now available. Commissioners in private leagues can enable this slot using the commissioner tools (Commissioner >> Rosters & Scoring >> Edit Roster Slots). Players with INJ, OFS, O, and GTD statuses will be eligible for this slot

swap out the three IL spots for the IL+ slots

Three IL+ slots then? I’ll do it when I get to my computer hopefully before tonight’s games start.

I can't reduce the number of IL, IL+, or bench slots, only increase them. So the only option would be to add an IL+ spot straight up or add an IL+ spot and take away a Util spot.

Sucks they wouldn't just allow us to switch out IL for IL+. I'm going to hold off making a change until we hear from more people. It wouldn't be fair to make this change right before tonight's games anyway.

Seems good to me

I’m going to lose by a billion this week to whoever Cody Bald Spot is that has 44 damn games this week

I can’t seem to get my team healthy either

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Week 8

Yeah. I don’t know if I should chase games or just try to win turnovers and percentages. I’m slated to get 30 games vs. 39 games now.

May not matter. Wall has 2 points and 5 turnovers at the half.

Heads up. This week is Week 11 and it last for two weeks due to the All-Star Break.

The league trade deadline is on Friday. We haven't had any trades yet. I'd be open to moving the trade deadline back a week or two.

sure, why not push it back? i could do a trade or two. i am bummed Horford didn't get traded, i picked up moses brown and he has been really good. OKC should keep playing him, but who knows.

yeah, post NBA trade deadline, I'm curious to reevaluate

I looked at few a few weeks back and there was nothing that I thought was a good, reasonable trade for me

Ok. I’ll move it back two weeks.

I’m pretty happy with my roster. I drafted young players. They struggled early and now are starting to put it together. I panicked and took two olds in LMA and Blake which hurt my C position but I feel like Poeltl, Zubac, and Horford are solid. I’d be interested in trading to upgrade at C or PG but I feel good about my roster now.

Tonight was the type of night I was hoping for when I drafted young. Mitchell with 35/5/6 and 5 threes. Zion with 39/10/5 on 16/19 fg. MPJ with 25/5 and 5 threes. Even Marcus Smart with 23/8/3 and 7 threes.

Back