• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Congratulations to MDMH!

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
I'll keep track of the basic league information updated here.

10 Team League
Ph
D14
Juice
Kory
Pilch
Sig
Townie
RSF?
isledeac
Shoo

I'm open to changing the format. I'll keep league decisions updated here.

Teams:
We've got 10 teams and I'd like to stay at 10. Still waiting on official confirmation from RSF. If he's not in, we can find someone else to take his spot.

Host:
I'm leaning toward Yahoo but only because that's all I've used for Fantasy Football over the last several years. If anybody has had positive experiences with any other site, I'm open.

Format:
Leaning toward weekly Head to Head Standard format. I'd be fine with a Head to Head One Win format if you all think that's better to sustain interests. You can find a brief explanation here:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/head-to-head-sln6212.html

Categories:
9 categories: Points, Rebounds, Asts, Steals, Blocks, Turnovers, 3-Pointers Made, Field Goal Percentage, Free Throw Percentage

Roster:
PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, Bench (3). That's pretty standard if I remember correctly. That's 150 rostered players in the league, equivalent to the number of starters in the NBA, so this wouldn't be a particularly deep league. We could do one Util and 4 Bench due to COVID. I'd prefer setting some max number of games so teams aren't too disadvantaged by COVID and load management and also so you can't win simply by streaming players from free agency.

Draft:
Let us know your availability here: https://doodle.com/poll/y8awieiumbyik5xm

Anything else?

ok with head to head and categories here

That all sounds good. Whatever makes it easiest to run the league.

and also so you can't win simply by streaming players from free agency.

this is my first time playing fantasy NBA, but I'd prefer to not have a setup where someone's availability to always be the first to grab top free agents is something that sets teams apart over the course of a season

this is my first time playing fantasy NBA, but I'd prefer to not have a setup where someone's availability to always be the first to grab top free agents is something that sets teams apart over the course of a season

Yeah. That’s my goal. Without maximum games, one team could win by making sure their utility spots always have a player who is playing every night. They could get 40 total games compared to someone who only gets 30 by just playing 10 starters all week.

We need a happy medium between preventing streaming and making sure people can get games to make up for load management and COVID absences or cancelled games.

any specific reason why not 3 point percentage?

Roster is pretty different from RSF's but I'm okay with the change

We gonna do any $$ or no?

I’m ok either way, but would prefer a cap at like $20 if pay.

2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Draft date and format discussions

No $$$. From what I remember it’s usually 3PM. 3pt% is too baked into FG%.

What was RSF’s roster? This one is pretty standard. We could do a smaller roster like PG, SG, SF, PF, C plus 2 or 3 Utility and 3 bench.

Last edited:
it is usually 3pm yr right - had to check

what you listed was RSF's roster, yeah.

it is usually 3pm yr right - had to check

what you listed was RSF's roster, yeah.

I’m open for either roster. The short roster may be better for the first time drafting but that would make a huge FA pool.

10 owners is not enough ;-) If you have that few owners, you need to limit add/drops either per week or for the whole year as the winning teams will be those that add/drop 1 to 3 players early each morning because you will have so many good players available all the time.

My two cents as a non-participant.

Also, due to COVID, I strongly recommend you keep at least two but maybe 3 IR spots so you can roll COVID players there and not have to keep them on your bench or drop them.

Your advice is appreciated, jaybone. I was planning to limit the max games a week to address the roster streaming issue.

Do you think we need a separate IR or would more bench slots suffice?

Your advice is appreciated, jaybone. I was planning to limit the max games a week to address the roster streaming issue.

Do you think we need a separate IR or would more bench slots suffice?

Either/or

I made them IR, but am going to flip them to Bench if the League/Yahoo is slow to move guys to IR who are out on COVID protocols.

are all the people on the list in? it takes a while to draft asynchronously, which is the way I assume we're running this?

We are drafting next week. The doodle is in the first post.

so Pilch and RSF only ones not confirmed?

Pilch is in. RSF isn't confirmed.

jaybone, do you use Yahoo or another host?

Back