Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 Fantasy NBA League thread - Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    So I get that George Hill wants to see his family and all that, but does he realize that our fantasy league is at risk here?
    as a George Hill superfan and fantasy owner, he makes some very obvious but good points about how stupid some of the rules are

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    as a George Hill superfan and fantasy owner, he makes some very obvious but good points about how stupid some of the rules are
    He definitely points out the inhumanity of capitalism that has become so much more apparent during the pandemic. If George Hill feels that way about playing basketball, how do you think grocery store cashiers feel? It makes perfect sense that people would rebel against having to work under the very same conditions under which they are told itís not even safe to go outside
    Draxx them sklounst

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    George Hill is dead on. As a fan, I'd be fine with the NBA stopping until vaccinations are more widespread and even until fans could come back safely. We're far worse off now than during the March postponement or even during the bubble. Why force this?

semi-aquatic like otters be.

Just missed the timing of taking Tobias and Shake off IL for tonightís game. Whoops. Shake had a game.

I wanted to make a move tonight, but I didn't want to drop two players because I'd have to take Zion off IL. Made sense to wait until tomorrow.

gotta say, the Yahoo rules around IL are really chapping my ass

already have my top guy out for two weeks for Covid, now my second guy is out for the next two games with an injury, but can't move him to IL to add someone

second time this week I've had a guy out for non-Covid injuries over multiple consecutive games that wasn't IL eligible

Any thoughts on changing the waivers time from 2 days to 1 day? As it is now, players spend at least 2 full days on waivers. Drop a player today and he comes off waivers on Monday. If everybody is checking FAs everyday then 1 day should work and move more players around. If people aren't checking everyday, I'm fine keeping it at 2 days.

The IL spots are helpful, but my problem is theres nothing to do with players whoís games get postponed - probably taking my first L this week because of all the postponed games
    Draxx them sklounst

Yeah. That sucks. But thereís really nothing to do. Hopefully those games get made up which would give you an advantage later.

I wish there was a maximum games setting make it less of a scramble to just get as many games as possible.

lol these injuries are nuts
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    Donít worry too much. Iíve got a team with KAT, CJ McCollum, Myles Turner and Michael Porter.

This week ought to be fun!

Canít believe I pulled out the win last week, I was behind 6-2 all week until Sunday evening.
    Draxx them sklounst

this season is not going well for me, haha

Well youíre playing me this week so things should improve.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    and these PPDs are getting brutal too

Quote Originally Posted by isledeac View Post
    this season is not going well for me, haha
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Well youíre playing me this week so things should improve.
    isle, you gotta update your roster, man. You've got Duncan Robinson, Clint Capela, and Bam sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    isle, you gotta update your roster, man. You've got Duncan Robinson, Clint Capela, and Bam sitting on the bench.
    Ugh - I had hit start active players, but I think that the week resets if you make any changes. My bad.

Yep.

I want to win as much as the next guy but I donít take pride in winning blocks because my opponent has Capela sitting on the bench.

I think the longest I've made it without using all of my IL spots has been 2 days. Out of the 13 players I drafted, only 3 have not spent at least 3 games on the IL. My top two picks have combined to play in 11 total games. This is the most injured fantasy team I've ever had by an absolute mile