• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many of the following "guy things" can you do?

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
(for the record, I can't do any of these):

Juggle
Ride a unicycle
Dunk a basketball
Handstand
Standing back-flip (on the ground/not a diving board)
Throw a knife or ax and stick it
Bounce a golf ball off the face of a club for more than 3-4 times
Keep a wooden paddle ball thingy going

I've always been horrible at stuff like this; can barely make a Slinky go down two steps.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I appreciate your non-stereotypical list of guy things.

Also, I really wanna know what poster can still dunk a basketball.

none of them

I'm 6'4" and can barely touch rim

blessed with just zero fast twitch muscle fibers

Juggle
Ride a unicycle
Dunk a basketball
Handstand

I've always been horrible at stuff like this; can barely make a Slinky go down two steps.

Juggle - yes
Dunk a basketball - used to be able to, not anymore
Ride a unicycle - never tried
Handstand - used to be able to, would probably injure myself if I attempted now
Standing back flip - tried once in high school, made it about 90%, which didn’t feel too good; would likely permanently injure myself if I attempted now
Stick a knife/axe - never tried, but reasonably confident I could do it
Golf ball bouncing - yes
Wooden paddle - yes (my kids sometimes end up with one and can still do it).

I’m 41, and my athletic decline has been steep over the last few years. I’m amazed at what I can no longer do that I could 5 years ago and what makes me feel sore after doing now

With the exception of the "dunk a basketball," this list screams, "one time at Girl Scout camp I..."

1. Run a chainsaw
2. Throw a punch
3. Open a beer with one hand/no opener
4. Change Oil in a gas/petrol vehicle (double points for Diesel)
5. Identify more than 5 trees by sight
6. Do a doughnut/make a 180 handbrake turn
7. Wire a switch or plug
8. Mako's mom
9. Drive a nail with your off hand
10. Build a doghouse/crude furniture

Juggle
Ride a unicycle
Dunk a basketball
Handstand

None of these are guy things but

I can do all of these except dunk a basketball and standing backflip. Certainly could never do a standing flip but could dunk a soccer ball or volleyball in hs and can still dunk a tennis ball and easily grab rim at ~ 5’10”+

1. Run a chainsaw
2. Throw a punch
3. Open a beer with one hand/no opener
4. Change Oil in a gas/petrol vehicle (double points for Diesel)
5. Identify more than 5 trees by sight
6. Do a doughnut/make a 180 handbrake turn
7. Wire a switch or plug
8. Mako's mom
9. Drive a nail with your off hand
10. Build a doghouse/crude furniture

Better than 6 for me is just drive a stick on ice up a hill or parallel park over a snow bank or park a semi/long truck back a long driveway.

I also think field dressing animals like deer or small game, as well as cleaning firearms and building a fire and starting without matches is good.

I hardcore reject that any of these are masculine tasks but they are things I take pride in my ability to do.

Better than 6 for me is just drive a stick on ice up a hill or parallel park over a snow bank or park a semi/long truck back a long driveway.

I also think field dressing animals like deer or small game, as well as cleaning firearms and building a fire and starting without matches is good.

I hardcore reject that any of these are masculine tasks but they are things I take pride in my ability to do.

Word. They were off the top of my head from things I'd done in the last month. Your additions are spot on.

I can:
Juggle
Jam (well I could as few as two or three years ago when i was shooting more hoops...definitely cant now but maybe could again with some deliberate training)
No unicycle
Yes handstand
No backflip
Yes to all others and DD doug and townie list (except starting a fire without matches....never actually done that)

lotta things on knight’s list I’ve never done but feel like I could figure out how to do

Some additions to the list:
Change a tire
Operate a chain saw
Throw a curve ball and/or a spiral

Back