• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
New season. New thread.

The Lakers added more depth in the offseason. Will they cruise to the playoffs?

Will PG pay off for the Clips?

Will CP elevate Booker and the Suns?

Will Harden play for the Rockets? How long will Wall play for the Rockets?

Will Giannis sign an extension with the Bucks? Can they figure it out in the regular season AND the playoffs?

Will the Heat carry over their bubble momentum into the regular season?

Will Doc and the Sixers get it together?

Can Steve Nash figure out the right chemistry for the Nets?

Can JC lead the Hawks to the playoffs?

Will the young Hornets contend for the playoffs?

So many questions. I’m only one man.

i agree with all of apetits answers but saw one highlight of lamelo making a sick pass tonight so they will "contend" for the playoffs

LaMelo's passing is holy shit how did he do that good, but his shot selection and defense are holy shit bad. After about the second game the rest of the league is going to realize that when he drives he is not even looking to score and lay back on everyone else. I guess that is what to expect from a 19 year old who didn't play in college and has never had a real coach. It is pretty damn exciting when the ball is in his hands though, and he defensive rebounds like a mofo for a PG, with crazy outlet passes. As far as passing, Jason Kidd and Magic are the only guys I've seen who can repeatedly pass like that. Should be fun to watch if nothing else.

Can you see Harden on the Heat?

LaMelo bought Cam Newton's uptown condo in MJ's building. I guess better aspirations than if he bought Batum's Lake Norman mansion.

In Wake related news, Jaylen Hoard seems to be be out of the league already.

Jeff Teague is gonna start in Boston for the first month of the season. That is a good opportunity for him to become a key role player on the Celtics for a few years.

What is the deal with Aminu in Orlando? Is he hurt? He was hurt when Orlando was in the bubble as well and didn't play ...

I think still injured. He had surgery and is out indefinitely. I was excited for him in Orlando. They seem to have big plans for him.

I wonder if Hoard was hurt by the fact that the Blazers are one of the two teams without their own G-League team. Hopefully he'll end up somewhere else.

I think still injured. He had surgery and is out indefinitely. I was excited for him in Orlando. They seem to have big plans for him.

I wonder if Hoard was hurt by the fact that the Blazers are one of the two teams without their own G-League team. Hopefully he'll end up somewhere else.

Apparently, Hoard signed with Hoard on Dec 4th, but then was released. Not sure at all what that was about, especially since they have like 20 players after all the trades.

Aminu apparently had a setback that required an additional surgery on his knee to clean it out, but now on pace to get the "last phase of his rehab' whatever that means. Apparently, he was dealing with swelling. Not great news for him, but hopefully he gets healthy as with last year's first round pick out all year recovering from an ACL tear, he has minutes if he's healthy.

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Preseason

What are the chances that 3 Wake teammates would all have 10+ year careers in the NBA? Getting drafted is one thing, but a decade in the NBA is a real accomplishment.

*4 Wake teammates

Did Ish make the active roster!? That’s wild! Fucking A! Well, yeah, 4 teammates. I’d love to see the stats on how frequently that’s happened before in College Basketball history. I doubt even the blue blood programs have had so much professional success from individual team years.

Hell, Dream Weaver is still kicking ass in Euroball while Chas is trying to kidnap the governor of Michigan

Kentucky had that same thing, but none of the deacs are bound for the hall of fame. Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson.

Did Ish make the active roster!? That’s wild! Fucking A! Well, yeah, 4 teammates. I’d love to see the stats on how frequently that’s happened before in College Basketball history. I doubt even the blue blood programs have had so much professional success from individual team years.

How does that compare with those great 90s UK teams? A lot of guys went to the league but did they stay for 10+ years?

How does that compare with those great 90s UK teams? A lot of guys went to the league but did they stay for 10+ years?

From the 1996 UK team, it looks like Mark Pope made it 6 seasons, Ron Mercer 8, Tony Delk and Walter McCarty made it 10, Derek Anderson 11, Antoine Walker 12, and Nazr Mohammed a whopping 18.

Back