• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Chris four assists from passing Magic to be the all time All Star Game leader.

Same. The amount is too small considering each player could donate $50,000 without much effort. Then it's used as motivation when I don't think playing for one charity or another matters than much to the players who anybody watching who isn't connected to those charities. If they want to connect donations to specific game events, maybe they should donate something like $10,000 per dunk and $100,000 per block. Maybe do something like $500 or $1,000 per foot for three pointers. Do that and try to get matching funds.

Chris Webber is teaching at Morehouse now?

Dame time right inside halfcourt for the finish. Wasn't as much drama as last year, but it was fun.

Last edited:
Dame hit the game winner from about half a step inside half court.

I think Chris got the record.

Giannis with 16-16, 3-3 (two banked in), 35 points in 19 minutes.

Debating all-star stats. Seriously?

vsjytjpqpnl61.jpg

I went back to see how Lebron stacked up for end of year rookie stats and saw that Joe Johnson led the league in minutes in 03-04

never would have guessed

league was way weaker back then -- hard to imagine guys like Michael Redd, Peja, Artest, Ben Wallace making All-NBA teams in 2021

man, in my memory redd was a much better shooter than he actually was

only shot > 40% from three in his first two full seasons!

man, in my memory redd was a much better shooter than he actually was

only shot > 40% from three in his first two full seasons!

His best overall season, he needed to make 2 more threes in 80 games to be 40%. The next season he was 5 makes from 40%.

Something else that should be considered when trying to compare earlier three point shooters to today's is that back then you took some threes in the offense. Many others jut happened. Today, a player like Redd's would be more featured. His team will design plays to get him more open threes than fifteen years ago. Better shots means better percentage.

That being said, there's never been anyone who can shoot like Steph. Dame is trying to challenge him, but Steph is king.

yea maybe those stats are a better illustration of how different the game was than a difference in how good i thought redd was and how he actually was, but i was still surprised to see it

kerr had three seasons > 50%! and yet his attempts were never more than 2.9 per game. if you had a shooter like that today, likely he'd be at 5+ attempts per game (see: Joe Harris).

yea maybe those stats are a better illustration of how different the game was than a difference in how good i thought redd was and how he actually was, but i was still surprised to see it

kerr had three seasons > 50%! and yet his attempts were never more than 2.9 per game. if you had a shooter like that today, likely he'd be at 5+ attempts per game (see: Joe Harris).

Playing with Scottie, MJ and Kukoc, he might play 30+mpg and score a bunch.

Redd also had a lot of injuries.

Looks like there’s going to be a run on Meyers Leonard jerseys.

I went back to see how Lebron stacked up for end of year rookie stats and saw that Joe Johnson led the league in minutes in 03-04

never would have guessed

league was way weaker back then -- hard to imagine guys like Michael Redd, Peja, Artest, Ben Wallace making All-NBA teams in 2021

You mean HOF Finalist Ben Wallace.

hard to imagine Wallace in today's NBA

He’d be a more all around defender today and wouldn’t be an all-star. Probably still a DPOY candidate. He was an elite post defender in an era of elite post players and won a championship going straight up against Shaq.

Back