• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

I wouldn’t call it a “run.” They were decent for a few years. That’s it for the Kings franchise.

Ph's interesting fact of the day.

The quality of the #19 pick has improved significantly over the years.  Just looked this up while discussing Luka Samanic on one of the Spurs sites.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/h...pick/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-19/

First of all, Childress, Teague, and Collins were all picked #19.  The #19 pick in the 80s and 90s was mostly serviceable role players or guys who didn't make the league. Then you have Zach Randoph and Teague in the 00s who made All-Star teams.

The #19 pick in the 10s is a list of players who have been near or just below All-Star level (Tobias Harris, Bradley, and Collins) and solid starters in Gary Harris and Huerter. The 2020 #19 pick is Saddiq Bey who has been playing pretty well the last 2 weeks.

counterpoint is that teams are getting worse at identifying talent as they draft guys with ever thinner resumes in a world of shorter or non-existent college careers

also, the only HOFer I see on that list is from 1970

After the merger, the #19 pick mostly went to good teams. It was harder them to get PT.

If #19 is this mediocre, think of how bad #22 or #25 is. Which is why getting #1 picks from teams that are going to be good are really not worth much unless you can package them. Even then, they aren't worth what many think they are.

counterpoint is that teams are getting worse at identifying talent as they draft guys with ever thinner resumes in a world of shorter or non-existent college careers

also, the only HOFer I see on that list is from 1970

Is that a counterpoint or an explanation?

Spent the last 20 minutes watching the last 40 seconds of Kings-Pistons. The Pistons have the worst fake crowd noise I've ever heard. Blatantly bad during late FTs and a challenge.

Miami finally playing Heat ball this year. Beat Utah and 5th win in a row. Probably will lose to John Collins and the Hawks just because I posted though.

I find myself watching LaMelo and the Hornets way more than I ever have. So fun. Steph destroying them tonight though.

Miami finally playing Heat ball this year. Beat Utah and 5th win in a row. Probably will lose to John Collins and the Hawks just because I posted though.

I find myself watching LaMelo and the Hornets way more than I ever have. So fun. Steph destroying them tonight though.

With Zeller hurt (again) they just get destroyed at the rim. It is like a layup line, they need another serviceable 5 in the worst way. If they had one they could win a playoff series this year. The question is whether Kupchak is willing to give up something to get one now or stick to the timeline and draft one or hope that Vernon Carey or Nick Richards get enough run in the G-League over the final few games to maybe be useful after the ASB.

I wonder if there’s anyone else in the world that thinks as highly of Zeller as 2&2

Completely missed that AFA is back for Orlando and he's started all four games this week.

What a terrible game

So many missed FTs

So many turnovers

Wasted a couple good performances from Embiid and Simmons

Sexton and Garland are nice but we shouldn’t lose that game

The Sixers need to find a bench PF with some range. Scott stinks and they have no one else.

For those who are looking towards the upcoming trade deadline. RealGM has a list of all drafts picks owed to and from teams. Also, Hoopshype gets a ton info about trade rumors and has a great source for team and individual salaries.

Spurs take care of Zion. Lma builds his trade value.

21 and 5. Demar had 32 pts, 11 ast too. Phone lines are open.

Going to be interesting to see who is selling and who is buying given that all but 3 teams are within 3 games of the play-in. If AD is out for even longer, more teams might think they have a good chance. The big problem for the top contenders is lack of assets.

Kenan Thompson did a hilarious Lavar Ball on SNL Weekend Update talking about LaMelo and Charlotte.

I wonder if there’s anyone else in the world that thinks as highly of Zeller as 2&2

There are definitely some NBA people who think more highly of him than me. Obviously he isn't putting up Shaq stats, but what he does well he does at an ELIte level. He is pretty well considered the best in the NBA at DHOs and high ball screens. Hence why a series of diminutive guards (Kemba, Devonte, Rozier) have all had their perimeter stats explode when playing with him - there is nobody near them when they shoot. His drop PnR coverage is also some of the best in the league. None of that really shows up attributable to him in the box score, but it most certainly affects winning and losing. For teams like Portland, Boston, this year's version of the Warriors, and even Atlanta he would immediately push them up to the next level of contention.

Kyle Lowry has floated the idea of making Kobe Bryant the logo of the NBA, replacing the current one based on Jerry West.

Kobe was one of the great players of his generation, and deserves to be memorialized. I am not sure replacing one of the most recognizable symbols is the best way to do that. There are many other players with similar status they didn't die in helicopter crashes. Kareem, Wilt, Bill Russell, MJ are four I would put ahead of Kobe as defining the NBA.

Back