• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

How the hell are the Clippers not better? Interesting Dynamic on BKN with Joe Harris being the top 3PT shooter by % this season, you imagine he's got a green light at all times and obviously gets tons of open shots on that team and/or how much he helps open space for the rest. So was sorting 3PT% this season.

Clips have 5 of the top 16 guys by 3PT %. And none of them are Kawhi. So their whole team is shooting 45% from 3.

Last edited:
Anybody know how teams fare playing the Lakers and Clippers on the same trip based on order and whether there's a day in-between?

James Johnson has lost of a ton of weight

There’s nobody to cut. You could pick seven different reserves and they’d be legit.

Brogdon
Harris
Middleton
Trae
VanVleet
Sabonis
Butler
Bam
Hayward

I can't remember who I read -- maybe Zach Lowe -- but they were just ripping Sabonis' defense

but going back to Ph's list, my gut says many of those guys are All Stars in the early 2000s -- I chose 2003 at random and you had guys in the East like Brad Miller and Antoine Walker (put up 20 on 39%/32%/62% shooting that year). Jermaine O'Neal was a starter (and six-time all star) and so was Ben Wallace. The West was a lot better, of course.

I still am curious if three are ways to compare the league talent across seasons -- feels like the guys left off the East All-Star team this year would beat the East All-Stars of 2003.

for no good reason, i was watching game 1 of the 97 finals (jazz vs. bulls). the offense was surprisingly bad. lots of early shot clock fadeaways, long 2s. felt like stockton and malone only ran like 5 pick and rolls all game. most impressive part was malone's passing. game has come a long way.

Few coaches have gotten less out of more than Doc over the past two decades.

One thing he has done is convince Embiid to become almost unstoppable in the low post instead of a so-so jump shooter.

One thing he has done is convince Embiid to become almost unstoppable in the low post instead of a so-so jump shooter.

The previous coach put Embiid out there for a terribly designed offense. It doesn't take a lot to put Embiid down there.

They wouldn't. It's hilarious. The website said the Clippers could form a Big 3 with Kawhi, PG, and LMA.

I didn't realize Zubac is only 23. He's been a solid bench guy from the moment he stepped into the league. His rookie per 36 was 16.8/9.4. His rookie PER was 17.

You could form a solid current squad from guys the Lakers lost with and traded or gave up on between Kobe's retirement and the championship.

PG Russell/Ball
SG Hart/Lou Williams
SF Ingram/Bullock
PF Randle/Nance, Jr.
C Brook Lopez/Zubac

All these dudes and the ones they kept are KCP, Caruso, and Kuzma.

Completely forgot Jordan Clarkson and Thomas Bryant on this list. Could that squad make the playoffs?

doc rivers is not a good head coach

I have no idea if he’s a better coach than Brett but he’s gotten Ben out of his own way a little and it feels like the #narrative around him has quieted a little bit. And Embiid’s numbers, regular and advanced, are through the roof this year.

I do put it down to roster construction more than coaching; the floor spacing is so big.

Weird team, I never really know what’s going on.

i think doc is good. he seems to bring out the best in his players. i think he’s good at helping players with their confidence.

i think doc is good. he seems to bring out the best in his players. i think he’s good at helping players with their confidence.

The Spurs are so short handed due to COVID and injuries that they started is Dejounte Murray, Lonny Walker IV, Luka Samanic (called up from the G-League) at SF, Trey Lyles, and Jakob Poeltl. LMA just came in off the bench after being out for a few weeks.

Tre Jones got called up and he's playing as well.

Is Stevens' job on the line? I think it may be as the Celtics keep losing.

As much as I'll always hate the Celtics, I don't want Stevens available to replace K.

Lmao Trae threw it off someone’s back and made an uncontested layup. The team with two all stars scored 49 for the half, as did Trae Young + Danilo Gallinari

Back