• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

My only significant complaint is that he refuses to ever challenge calls.

He also waits a very long time to take timeouts as big leads get erased.

Can’t complain too much with results though. I think he’s getting near optimum out of Ben and Joel, something Brett struggled with, obviously.

It was a huge bummer watching Shamet and Pelle thrive last night but I’m pretty happy with this squad

My only significant complaint is that he refuses to ever challenge calls.

He also waits a very long time to take timeouts as big leads get erased.

Can’t complain too much with results though. I think he’s getting near optimum out of Ben and Joel, something Brett struggled with, obviously.

And Tobi...

I miss Bobi...

til that JAVALE MCGEE is 1/ on the cavs and 2/ shoots threes now

I wonder how many NBA players don't shoot threes now aside from a few backup Cs.

Dejonte Murray has an outside chance at quadruple double - 21,6,6,7 steals.. late third quarter.

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - All-Star "Weekend" on March 7?

Nice to see the young Spurs grow up. Dejounte with 27/10/4 and 8 stls plus a huge 3 with the shot clock counting down to go up 4 late.

Got a laugh out of this poll on the NBA app near the end.

e527f9b15edf9cf7a1df43d3dc051c60.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see the young Spurs grow up. Dejounte with 27/10/4 and 8 stls plus a huge 3 with the shot clock counting down to go up 4 late.

Got a laugh out of this poll on the NBA app near the end.

e527f9b15edf9cf7a1df43d3dc051c60.jpg

Draymond with a near half court heave and 5 sec left on the clock, of course.

Spurs have become an interesting contrast to the current NBA formula. Lots of young, athletic guys and, I'd say, and a couple 2nd tier stars.

Only had the Warriors broadcast and that was painful. They belabored their 3-40+ record in SA the entire game and their constant turnovers.

...And we're back with Spurs Donk Talk here on 2150 AM. I'm PhDeac and this is my partner, Deac83.

Deac83, the Spurs are now 14-10 in the 5th spot in the crowded Western Conference. 7-time All-Star Lamarcus Aldridge has missed the last 3 games due to injury. The Spurs won all three vs the Timberwolves, Rockets, and Warriors. Jakob Poeltl has played well in his absence averaging 11.7 pts, 10 rebs, and 3 blks in 31 min. Poeltl played well in few minutes earlier in the season in three games against the league leading Lakers (2) and Jazz.

The Spurs have settled into small ball starting Poeltl with Murray, Walker/White, DeRozan, and second year man Keldon Johnson. Drew Eubanks plays a few minutes off the bench at C and the Spurs go small down the stretch with Rudy Gay and/or Patty Mills. Rookie Devin Vassell is playing good minutes as well.

Deac83, is it time to for the Spurs trade Aldridge to a contender for a backup C and a pick and see how far this team can go with Poeltl in the post?

Poeltl showed he can get physical versus Jokic a few years ago. Really stepped up.

They are well past the time to trade Aldridge, but apparently the return has been weak. I thought maybe the Celtics would need him, especially since LMA started hitting 3 pointers last year. He cannot stay with any athletic 4's or 5's, so he is a defensive issue in the current NBA.

Spurs small ball was solid in the bubble.

But, there's only so long DeRozan can run at the 4, against dudes like Julius Randle and Zion. Zion just crushed Phoenix, who had Ayton guarding Adams and then small ball 4 guys getting posterized, including Jae Crowder, who was their most physical answer.

Draymond - that is hysterical. Steph is going to fake some ankle or shoulder injury soon, since that team is lost.

Aldridge turns 36 this summer -- I wonder how much longer he wants to play

The Dubs are still .500. Steph is still Steph. Draymond is still Draymond. Wiseman has a high ceiling. The supporting cast is a bunch of chumps. Despite all that, they could contend for a top 3 spot in the West with a healthy Klay.

I saw some rando website with a "rumored" trade of Aldridge to the Clips for Zubac, Lou Williams, another dude and a pick. I'll take any trade for a young C and any pick. I do think Aldridge would be fine if they let him play his game and not force him to be a three point shooter. Keldon Johnson can play a small 4 effectively. I could get excited about a future lineup of Murray, Vassell, Johnson, small ball PF or developed Luka Samanic, and Poeltl with White and Walker anchoring the bench. Hard not to think about how much further along the Spurs would be if they had taken Brandon Clarke last year (#20) instead of Samanic at #19. Johnson is a starter now and Vassell will be a starter soon enough. Look up Vassell's numbers. They're very good. 41% 3pt and 1.2 stl in a few minutes a game. He's the closest thing they've had to a Bruce Bowen or young Kawhi.

Last edited:
His contract is complete at the end of this season. He will be an unrestricted free agent. I'll be surprised if anybody offers him near his current $24 million salary.

If someone offers him $12M per for two or three years, he might well sign.

His contract is complete at the end of this season. He will be an unrestricted free agent. I'll be surprised if anybody offers him near his current $24 million salary.

The Spurs are going to be in good shape this off-season. Aldridge (36), DeRozan (31), Gay (34), and Mills (32) will be UFAs (DeRozan, Gay, and Mills all have birthdays in August). The highest paid players under contract next season will be Murray (25) and White (27) at $15.6M. Poeltl's (26) 3 year, $27M deal in November looks like a steal now.

The Spurs should have plenty of cap space. If the Hawks fuck up, the Spurs should definitely tender a max offer to Collins. He'd be a great fit at PF and small ball C with a bunch of big guards who can defend. They could offer Jarrett Allen who apparently can play beside a C since he's doing that with Drummond now. Add a big and another shooter and they're in good shape.

why would the clippers do this

They wouldn't. It's hilarious. The website said the Clippers could form a Big 3 with Kawhi, PG, and LMA.

I didn't realize Zubac is only 23. He's been a solid bench guy from the moment he stepped into the league. His rookie per 36 was 16.8/9.4. His rookie PER was 17.

You could form a solid current squad from guys the Lakers lost with and traded or gave up on between Kobe's retirement and the championship.

PG Russell/Ball
SG Hart/Lou Williams
SF Ingram/Bullock
PF Randle/Nance, Jr.
C Brook Lopez/Zubac

All these dudes and the ones they kept are KCP, Caruso, and Kuzma.

Last edited:
Back