• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

...And we're back with Spurs Donk Talk here on 2150 AM. I'm PhDeac and this is my partner, Deac83.

Deac83, the Spurs are now 14-10 in the 5th spot in the crowded Western Conference. 7-time All-Star Lamarcus Aldridge has missed the last 3 games due to injury. The Spurs won all three vs the Timberwolves, Rockets, and Warriors. Jakob Poeltl has played well in his absence averaging 11.7 pts, 10 rebs, and 3 blks in 31 min. Poeltl played well in few minutes earlier in the season in three games against the league leading Lakers (2) and Jazz.

The Spurs have settled into small ball starting Poeltl with Murray, Walker/White, DeRozan, and second year man Keldon Johnson. Drew Eubanks plays a few minutes off the bench at C and the Spurs go small down the stretch with Rudy Gay and/or Patty Mills. Rookie Devin Vassell is playing good minutes as well.

Deac83, is it time to for the Spurs trade Aldridge to a contender for a backup C and a pick and see how far this team can go with Poeltl in the post?

Thanks PhDeac. Spurs are not just 5th in the west they are leading the Southwest by 2.5 games coming into tonight (hello Mavs in last), They are doing it with great team ball on both offense and defense. They've got 7 players in double figure scoring, not sure another team can say the same and White, is just under at 9.7 a game after being out much of the season.

Jakob Poeltl, has shown he has a pretty good ceiling at the C. He's pretty mobile for his size and converts when they get him the ball down low. He's got the best personal defensive shooting percentage against him in the league. He's certainly coming into his own, but I don't know if he can hold up for the entire season by himself. Starting the last 3 games he's gone 11.7/10/3.

LMA? Make me an offer then we can talk. LMA has been hurt a lot in the last couple of years, so his durability is a real question. When healthy he's a contributor on offense (14/gm). After Pop got LMA into the fold a couple of season's ago, it might be hard for them to let him go. I'm trying to think of a time the Spurs have added a player after the season started, of any significance. Pop likes to build his team and it's not really conducive to swapping players during the season.

That being said this might be the year to do it. The Magic seem to be looking for offense. One rumor that's floated around was LMA +picks for Fournier and Birch.

Either way, the Spurs look to have the young talent that get the Spurs back to the playoffs after this long playoff drought.

Back to you PhDeac.

I'll take a Magic pick and change for LMA, but I have no idea why the Magic would do that.

I do think LMA would get a good fit for a contender who needs a 3rd or 4th scorer who possibly can play with a rim protector. The only teams that fit that bill are the Celtics and the Clippers, maybe the Jazz. Robert Williams and a pick would work.

It's kind of funny that I rarely watched the Magic in many years with them as my local team. Now I don't have Fox Sports and I can't watch them on League Pass and they don't get on national TV so they basically don't exist.

Cool article on ESPN today about the rise of Devin Booker and how CP3 is helping to mentor him. One part of the article talks about how Book is a huge Jay-Z fan so CP pulls his phone out and just FaceTimes with Jay-Z. That’s sick.

Cool article on ESPN today about the rise of Devin Booker and how CP3 is helping to mentor him. One part of the article talks about how Book is a huge Jay-Z fan so CP pulls his phone out and just FaceTimes with Jay-Z. That’s sick.

JJ Redick has had a lot of praise for CP3’s professionalism and work ethic. I love hearing that kind of stuff from peers.

bad move, imo, for the league to require the national anthem before games

it's a weird tradition -- don't know of any other countries where the national anthem is played before sporting events

Completely agree. Did Cuban even take much flack for it?

bad move, imo, for the league to require the national anthem before games

it's a weird tradition -- don't know of any other countries where the national anthem is played before sporting events

Sometimes national anthems are played for national teams but not always.

Completely agree. Did Cuban even take much flack for it?

he had been doing it since the beginning of the season and nobody realized until yesterday. shows how much people love the anthem!!

but agreed - it needs to go. would be funny if Cuban stuck it to Silver and had the anthem for every player played before the game.

Those stands would be empty pregame (pre-post covid of course)

Chris Paul is leading the league this year with a 97% FT percentage. That's crazy.

Chris Paul is leading the league this year with a 97% FT percentage. That's crazy.

The dude has hardly missed a beat. Pretty incredible. He had 28 on 10-20 shooting last night in a tight win against the Bucks.

Hawks went down to the Mavs but Collins had 33 points/8 boards on 13-18 shooting.

John Collins or Jarrett Allen quickly improves your team.

The dude has hardly missed a beat. Pretty incredible. He had 28 on 10-20 shooting last night in a tight win against the Bucks.

Hawks went down to the Mavs but Collins had 33 points/8 boards on 13-18 shooting.

Until Tim retired, a starting 5 of former Wake players would have been one of the best in the NBA. Tim D. Collins, Aminu, ish, CP3. And have James Johnson and Jeff Teague on the bench, or swap for Aminu or Ish.

Johnson was doing really well for the Mavs a few weeks ago. He looked like he has having a career resurgence. His minutes have dropped off and I think he got injured.

Back