• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Until Tim retired, a starting 5 of former Wake players would have been one of the best in the NBA. Tim D. Collins, Aminu, ish, CP3. And have James Johnson and Jeff Teague on the bench, or swap for Aminu or Ish.

Tim retired after the 15-16 season. Collins's rookie year was 17-18.

Until Tim retired, a starting 5 of former Wake players would have been one of the best in the NBA. Tim D. Collins, Aminu, ish, CP3. And have James Johnson and Jeff Teague on the bench, or swap for Aminu or Ish.

The last time I saw an article ranking college teams on the basis of their pro players, Wake Forest was ranked second to Kentucky. Two HOF players get that respect. I imagine the emergence of Collins would still keep Wake competitive in the rankings. HOF point guards still get respect.

Portland's brown Oregon alternates are one of the best I've seen all season. It's different but not crazy.

I feel like a 22 year old Harry Giles needs to be playing for like the Wizards or Bulls or some place he can get 30 MPG.

Watching some inside the NBA.

Interesting stat: Blake Griffin does not have one dunk yet this year

Boston seems to have some shit luck lately. Gordon Hayward blows chunks with Boston and then gets good again in Charlotte. Now Kemba is shooting 34% on the season this year.

Watching some inside the NBA.

Interesting stat: Blake Griffin does not have one dunk yet this year

Boston seems to have some shit luck lately. Gordon Hayward blows chunks with Boston and then gets good again in Charlotte. Now Kemba is shooting 34% on the season this year.

You could call that shit luck. Or throw in Rozier and call it MJ eating Ainge's lunch again.

Hornets fans have been drooling over Giles as the potential missing piece. He fits the upside timeline and is currently dirt cheap so no issues if he busts.

Yeah- for as much as people mocked the Rozier/Walker deal, Walker's contract looks at lot worse at the moment. I hope his knee heals up and he can get back to being a good to great point guard, but the 43% eFG% Walker is putting up right now, woof.

I have no beef with Roizer, but dude got paid top 60 player money and was 153rd in the league in win shares last year (#142 in WS/48)

his contract and WS are better lined up this year, both around 60

let's not pretend the signing was a big win or anything

but yeah, that Kemba contract is looking rooooough right now

The Rozier contract is decent value. The 2020 cap hit drop off after the top 10 PGs goes from like 30MM+ (three PGs make 40mm+) to almost half that by the time you get down near Rozier at 14th. He's around what Dragic and Rubio are getting paid this year, which feels right. There are some better values around him, like Brogdon, but it's not a terrible contract by any means.

For Kemba to be making ~top 5 money for the year he's having, and going up 2 million a year the next two seasons into his 30s...yikes.

I think the reason people made fun of the Hornets at the time was they had all the time in the world to get value back for Kemba but they waited until the end of his contract and more or less let him walk.

Last edited:
To be clear, I thought the Rozier contract (and the Hayward contract) were dumb. I still think they are, in the abstract. But Boston thinking that paying Walker max money was a good idea, even if Walker stayed healthy, was just dumb. Boston's goal is to win a championship. Walker can't be one of the 3 best players on a championship team, even if he is healthy, because of his defensive limitations. And that was before you consider that the Hornets didn't make a max offer to Walker, and that they would be in the best position to know his medical risks.

Ainge is going to end up with a really complicated legacy. Put together the 08 title team (with some help from McHale), fleeced the Nets, was smart enough to pick Brown and Tatum, and got royally screwed with how Hayward's time in Boston went. He also hired Stevens and obtained Irving. But the rest of the moves, yikes.

The Rozier contract is decent value. The 2020 cap hit drop off after the top 10 PGs goes from like 30MM+ (three PGs make 40mm+) to almost half that by the time you get down near Rozier at 14th. He's around what Dragic and Rubio are getting paid this year, which feels right. There are some better values around him, like Brogdon, but it's not a terrible contract by any means.

For Kemba to be making ~top 5 money for the year he's having, and going up 2 million a year the next two seasons into his 30s...yikes.

I think the reason people made fun of the Hornets at the time was they had all the time in the world to get value back for Kemba but they waited until the end of his contract and more or less let him walk.

Good post.

Sig, good post as well. Ainge did some things really well, some things really poorly, and just had bad luck with Hayward. I think all in all, he put the Celtics at the top of the east from year to year out of the wilderness of the 90s. He got a championship. They'll be contending with Tatum and Brown for the next 10 years.

At this point I don't have a problem with either Rozier or Hayward's contract. With all the young guys on cheap deals they have to pay somebody, and both of those guys are solid fits. Rozier's contract is only for 3 years, and it actually decreases over time. I'm not sure if they'll try to resign him after next season, but they've gotten good production for what they are paying him. With LaMelo and Devonte he can play off the ball a lot, and he is second in the NBA on catch-and-shoot 3pt percentage for players with over 100 attempts, behind only Joe Harris - and he makes about the same as Harris while providing much better overall scoring, playmaking, and on-ball defense.

Hayward's contract might look bad in the final year, but they are getting All-Star production from him now plus much-needed veteran leadership. Again they have to pay somebody, so I don't think they can complain about the production they are getting for that payment. After all the dog contracts they have had over the years, getting a decent ROI on these two is actually encouraging.

Also, if you're building for the next 10 years, what is the order of who do you take - Luka, Trae, Zion, Ja, or LaMelo?

To be clear, I thought the Rozier contract (and the Hayward contract) were dumb. I still think they are, in the abstract. But Boston thinking that paying Walker max money was a good idea, even if Walker stayed healthy, was just dumb. Boston's goal is to win a championship. Walker can't be one of the 3 best players on a championship team, even if he is healthy, because of his defensive limitations. And that was before you consider that the Hornets didn't make a max offer to Walker, and that they would be in the best position to know his medical risks.

Ainge is going to end up with a really complicated legacy. Put together the 08 title team (with some help from McHale), fleeced the Nets, was smart enough to pick Brown and Tatum, and got royally screwed with how Hayward's time in Boston went. He also hired Stevens and obtained Irving. But the rest of the moves, yikes.

I don't know that I agree that healthy good Kemba can't be a top 3 guy on a championship team -- he's not as good on offense as Kyrie, but Kyrie was the #2 on a championship team and I don't think he's any better defensively than Kemba

obviously the rest of the rest of the roster matters, but Hornets Kemba could have been a top 3 guy on a great team, I think

Also, if you're building for the next 10 years, what is the order of who do you take - Luka, Trae, Zion, Ja, or LaMelo?

My NBA League Pass account is based in Raleigh, so Hornets games are blacked out and I haven't watched LaMelo, but elsewher I think I go Luka, Ja, Trae, Zion

Amazing that Zion and Ja played on the same SC AAU team, and now they are considered two of the top three young players on the planet.

Back