• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Blake Griffin, Harden, Steph, and DeRozan were all in the 2009 draft class.

Tyreke Evans won ROY.

Faried is a weird one -- he played for Team USA and was in the player pool for the Rio Olympics

feels like he fell victim to the new NBA style of play more than any dropoff in ability

Faried is a weird one -- he played for Team USA and was in the player pool for the Rio Olympics

feels like he fell victim to the new NBA style of play more than any dropoff in ability

He averaged 13/8 in his last stint with the Rockets just two years ago. He shot the occasional three at .350.

He was playing in China and came home due to COVID. He’s just waiting by the phone.

Seems like a guy who could be on a roster as a small ball C. Age is probably the problem. He will be 32 next season and probably isn’t as much of a high energy guy now.

I realized I forgot a lot of his bio. He went to Kentucky but was ineligible. He was the #3 pick in the 2011 draft in a lottery with a few of guys who seem older than they really are. Kyrie, Tristan Thompson, Valančiūnas, and Kemba. That was a very good draft. Seven All-Stars including 6 All-NBA players. Butler was the last pick of the 1st round. Isaiah Thomas was the last pick of the draft.

Thomas is one of a few guys in that draft who looked good in their first several years and all of a sudden were out of the league. Shumpert (#19) was a rotation guy on the Lebron's second run with the Cavs. Kenneth Faried (#17) had a 3 year stretch averaging around 13 and 9. Mirotic (#18) must have just wanted to go back to Spain. He's a career 12 and 6 guy. Norris Cole (#28) was rotation guy for the Lebron Heat. Shelvin Mack (#34) was a solid rotation guy. Chandler Parsons (#38) got his money and had his injury issues.

I'm not going to compare drafts right now, but that seems like a lot of guys who were solid to good NBA players who were out of the league before or right at turning 30.
Mirotic is the highest paid player in Europe. Probably had a lot to do with it - got to return to Spain, be a megastar at Barcelona instead of "just a guy" and the €€€ was real.

Currently in 7th with a half game up on the Mavs. DeRozan is out for his dad's funeral. The backups have been in for much of the 3rd. Pop gave up on this game awhile ago.

This is why the Spurs aren't going to trade DeRozan. They'd rather make the playoffs and give the young core some playoff experience than get some assets.

Has NBA TV been switching broadcasts all season? Today was the Sixers broadcast in the 1st and 4th and Spurs in the 2nd and 3rd. Quite the tonal shift.

Last edited:
Sixers didn’t miss a beat without Embiid tonight, the shooting was on point all game, everyone looked pretty locked in. You don’t typically see performances like this just after all star break. But i guess this years break wasn’t much of a break.

There were five triple doubles yesterday. That's the first time there were 5 triple doubles in one day in NBA history. That's crazy. I would have thought it was 7 or 8 on a busy night.

Pellies shooting 70% from the field vs the Clips.

And just remembered that there's 2 play-in games this season so like anyone in the top 10 seeds has a shot. Pretty cool format, too. 7 and 8 seed play and 9 and 10 play. Winner of 7 and 8 is the 7 seed, the the loser plays vs the winner of the 9/10 game for the 8 seed. Pretty good at making the regular season mean more than it did in the past for positioning.

seems like consensus trending towards my original opinion. it's such a great idea i'm upset i didn't think of it. rozier is having a better year. a career year. he's playing fantastic. lonzo is on the trade block for some reason.

lonzo is younger. he's 6-6 vs 6-1 for rozier which makes for a much better defensive backcourt. the backcourt rebounding and passing would be insane. not to mention he's the star player's brother! for a team that needs appeal/excitement its a homerun. it will probably never happen as terry is playing awesome and has single handedly won multiple games for the hornets as of late that the front office isn't even thinking like that but i hate that it got put into my brain as its perfect.

I wouldn't see any reason to make this trade. Why would they trade for a poor-man's version of LaMelo when they have LaMelo? Regardless of Lonzo's potential playmaking ability, there is literally zero reason to take the ball out of LaMelo's hands for the next 10 years. You're not going to have LaMelo play off the ball in favor of Lonzo, that doesn't make any sense. And if LaMelo has the ball in his hands, then Rozier blows Lonzo away as a catch-and-shoot SG. Rozier is up there with Lillard as the best clutch-time guard in the league. But you want the kickout with the game on the line to go to Lonzo instead? Hell no.

The Lonzo rumors have been around for a while and I sort of get it as a defensive compliment if it happens naturally through free agency, but no way would I give up Rozier for him. Maybe Devonte but their contracts don't work at all. Rozier is a much better fit next to LaMelo and has outperformed his contract. You ride him as long as you can, not trade him away for a more questionable fit who you might be able to get as a FA anyway.

but what if the only way to keep LaMelo from leaving the backwaters of Charlotte for NY or LA in a few years is to bring in his brother?

makes you wonder

Right, I get that part of it. But Lonzo can go wherever he wants as a FA, so get him that way if there is motivation for them to play with each other, especially since LA already proved they don't want him. The Hornets are in great cap shape. From a basketball standpoint it doesn't make much sense to use Rozier to do it. LaMelo is clearly having fun now, there isn't a rush to make a move, and they'll blow any other team away as far as ability to max LaMelo when the time comes.

If Rozier can be used to get Vucevic then you have to consider it. But absent that, keep the pieces in place and see how it plays out. Don't force a move just to make a move.

ETA: plus, LaMelo is already on record proclaiming his love for CookOut. What is the logical choice, Lonzo in NY or a Big Double tray with a peach cobbler shake? No contest.

Last edited:
Lonzo with 17 ast. Dame with 50. CJ returned with 10 pts.

Not loving the Sixers against the Bucks tonight, back half of a back to back, without Embiid, after grinding one out against the Knicks. But the bench has been good lately so idk. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off and they haven’t yet. I guess there’s still the playoffs.

couldn't believe the p'cans lost and then watched the highlights and it was worse than i could have imagined. what a terrible franchise.

watched xers-knicks 4Q last night and there was a lot of ugly late-game ball, with a few sweet plays from Harris

watched the Pels-Zers highlights this morning and I still can't wrap my head around the way Zion moves on offense -- like, a body like that should not be able to move like that, nobody should

he's like a video game creation -- also why I think the long-term outlook on him is not great (combined with his poor D), but I will enjoy him for what he is now

I agree but he’s only 20. He’s got plenty of time to develop his game. He’s shown a lot of growth in just a half season. He still could grow another inch as well.

Back