• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

ah maybe - if so, i'm an dumb dumb

"Value Over Replacement Player
VORP - Value Over Replacement Player (available since the 1973-74 season in the NBA); a box score estimate of the points per 100 TEAM possessions that a player contributed above a replacement-level (-2.0) player, translated to an average team and prorated to an 82-game season."

Any stat that alleges that CP3 isn't off the charts for this concept for the Suns is not to be taken seriously.

Given that LeBron may miss a ton of time. an argument could be made for CP3 being MVP.

Woj was just quite adamant on ESPN about the Hawks keeping Collins

He also said don't rule the Lakers out on getting Lowry

Woj was just quite adamant on ESPN about the Hawks keeping Collins

That seems to be the talking point. Discuss every possible trade then be sure the Hawks aren’t going to trade him because it would be ridiculous to do so from the #4 spot after an 8 game winning streak.

what do we think about nba refs? i was recently having this discussion with friends.

better than NFL or MLB, not sure how they compare to NHL, and better than any college sport.

feels like they're solid to good, though a bad call in a high leverage situation can certainly change a game, which sucks.

what do we think about nba refs? i was recently having this discussion with friends.

better than NFL or MLB, not sure how they compare to NHL, and better than any college sport.

feels like they're solid to good, though a bad call in a high leverage situation can certainly change a game, which sucks.

I think it's tough to compare across sports. MLB umps miss more total calls due to balls and strikes, but they are tasked with making a lot more of those calls than an NBA ref does in a game. On a percentage basis I don't think it's that different between poor ball/strike calls and poor NBA foul calls. If the sole criteria is which sport features the least bad/missed referee calls that heavily impact the outcome of the game, I think that is baseball, but more so due to the nature of the sport than the competency of the umpires.

NBA refs are certainly miles better than NCAA BB refs.

If Herro is traded, it's because Miami is getting Lowry AND Powell.

Can see Toronto conceding to Miami for Precious/KO/Nunn if Lowry tells the 'Ptors brass he wants to go to South Beach.

IF Toronto stands firm re: Herro, look for Oladipo in SoFla.

NBA officials are the best of any sport I follow. Seems like even the most controversial calls are close. The review process is OK although it could be shorter. The ref cam added after the bubble is a good innovation.

It helps that they work full time. They're actively adding women. They're using the G-League and WNBA to broaden and diversify their pool.

Listen to the Whistleblower podcast on the Tim Donaghy scandal and you might change your tune. The parts with the FBI agent interviews are the best part.

Back