• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Westbrook with 35/14/21 last night and 22/15/14 tonight.

Westbrook with 35/14/21 last night and 22/15/14 tonight.

Only two other players had ever had at least that many points/rebounds/assists in back to back games. Wilt and The Big 0 both more than 50 years ago.

Were those in back to back nights? That’s incredible in an era where star players like the guy he replaced often don’t even play back to backs.

Good question. They were consecutive games, but may not have come in back to back nights.

I don't think Celtics are any better after the trades. I don't think they need to be in win now mode though.

And they gave up a 13-3 run after I made that post.

Last edited:
Nets finally jumped the Sixers

The Nets have had a very easy stretch, the Sixers have had a long west coast trip without Embiid, but dang, would hate to lose this 1 seed

The Nets have had a very easy stretch, the Sixers have had a long west coast trip without Embiid, but dang, would hate to lose this 1 seed

They have a game in hand. If the Sixers win. They are tied.

I don't think Celtics are any better after the trades. I don't think they need to be in win now mode though.

And they gave up a 13-3 run after I made that post.

Their window is long, their young guys can definitely all still improve, but I agree they’re kind of a mess this season. And you love to see it. Would love for CLT and NYK to finish with better records.

Their window is long, their young guys can definitely all still improve, but I agree they’re kind of a mess this season. And you love to see it. Would love for CLT and NYK to finish with better records.

Yes - “fuck the Celtics” is one of those things that every reasonable human should agree with.

I don't think there have been many franchises with two bonefide stars who are 23 and 25 and nobody on the roster over 30 led by a 44 year old coach with over 600 career wins. Maybe those trades were long window moves. They got younger in the middle with Wagner and Kornet over Theis. Fournier seems unnecessary, but he's a veteran guard. They just need to pick up good players late in the draft. I think they'll be a destination for top FAs. I don't know if Ainge is going to be the guy to do it. I don't know how the Celtics feel about seeing Rozier and Hayward turning the Hornets into a legit franchise.

Looks like Harden may be out for a game or two. The Hornets have them in BKN tonight on a back to back, I would assume Harden will sit and likely Griffin as well. Hopefully Monk can play and we can overpower Kyrie to get out of there with a win.

Ex18zQAXMAYt5-l

love this

gobert has a huge impact but doesn't often take on the toughest matchups

that top right corner absolutely meets eye test for best on ball defenders

Cool chart Townie. How do they assign matchup difficulty? Feels like it would be hard for that not to be somewhat arbitrary, especially considering the number of switches that happen in today's NBA.

Cool chart Townie. How do they assign matchup difficulty? Feels like it would be hard for that not to be somewhat arbitrary, especially considering the number of switches that happen in today's NBA.

think the source data is proprietary after i clicked in

Seems like bigs who stay on bigs aren’t going to be high in matchup difficulty but bigs who switch more will be. So Gobert is excellent at shutting down bigs and doesn’t have much opportunity to shut down guards and wings.

Seems like bigs who stay on bigs aren’t going to be high in matchup difficulty but bigs who switch more will be. So Gobert is excellent at shutting down bigs and doesn’t have much opportunity to shut down guards and wings.

there really just aren't that many elite bigs; guys like gobert and turner get rocked by embiid and jokic but generally shuts down every other big he goes up against. hence why gobert's impact is so high, against 25 or so teams he has the biggest defensive impact on the floor by a mile. there are other guys who either switch a lot or are so versatile (simmons, covington, thybulle, george) who coaches can choose who they want to defend based on situation or leverage or who's playing or whatever, which can reduce their impact because superstars generally still get theirs.

LOL. The greatest trick Blake Griffin ever pulled was convincing the Pistons he didn't exist.

Back