• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

If by "saved the nba" you mean "saved the East," I guess. Timmy, Shaq, and Kobe were doing fine in the West.

if that’s true, i’m not sure his mindset didn’t actually help him be such a winning player. imo, scoring is somewhat overrated l (while at the same time, i think the ability to get buckets is important). watching some old games, i think sheeds willingness to pass and spread the floor / shoot 3s was ahead of his time along his his great defense.

somewhat related, the kobe laker teams were masterfully assembled, imo. pau is so good as a 2nd player and fisher and artest are really good supplemental players. 2nd unit was a bit weaker with shannon brown and farmar but still competent.

If by "saved the nba" you mean "saved the East," I guess. Timmy, Shaq, and Kobe were doing fine in the West.

from a quality of play perspective you are probably right but it felt incredibly not compelling back then.

if that’s true, i’m not sure his mindset didn’t actually help him be such a winning player. imo, scoring is somewhat overrated l (while at the same time, i think the ability to get buckets is important). watching some old games, i think sheeds willingness to pass and spread the floor / shoot 3s was ahead of his time along his his great defense.

somewhat related, the kobe laker teams were masterfully assembled, imo. pau is so good as a 2nd player and fisher and artest are really good supplemental players. 2nd unit was a bit weaker with shannon brown and farmar but still competent.

It's not just his scoring. He took himself out of tons of games with his headcase antics. Those antics also would impact hoe refs looked at his team.

That's funny because Spurs vs. Lakers was the premiere post-Jordan rivalry to me. Timmy, Shaq, and Kobe are the top three players of the post Jordan era before Lebron became a great player. Timmy and Kobe played for one franchise their whole career.

I didn't think the Celtics Big 3 was that big of a deal. The East was largely irrelevant and this was an attempt at manufacturing something.

I don't know who underrates Sheed. He was a consistently good player his entire career. He was the #3 option for the Pistons championship team. (Your reminder that Darko was the got a championship before Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, and got the championship Melo will never get.) Sheed would definitely be a good stretch 4/5 in today's game. I guess you can say he's underrated because fans and historians tend to overlook players in that period who were merely very good. But I doubt anyone who thinks about his game underrates him.

the top of the league was pretty good in the early 2000s, but the league as a whole was pretty meh and was super-imbalanced

you didn't really have many fun or good non-champions in the first decade of the 2000s with some notable exceptions -- the ref-screwed Kings and those 7 seconds or less Suns -- but around the end of the Kobe reign it felt like the talent level kept going up with Steph and those Thunder and pre-injury D-Rose and lots of younger exciting guys that mostly panned out as superstars

I probably underrate Kobe, but I'm not sure where those Kobe-Pau teams would be in the league today, but feels like they're a notch below the superteams of the last five years

Last edited:
Yeah. I agree about that. I largely checked out of the league as a whole at that point.

yeah i wonder if it’s casuals (finals are paramount) vs fans thinking bout the conference finals epics - the kings and blazers vs lakers.

@ph i still think sheed is underrated though. he was the most valuable on that pistons squad i think. i suppose i think he’s have a kg like reputation while kg would be known as the best in the league

yeah i wonder if it’s casuals (finals are paramount) vs fans thinking bout the conference finals epics - the kings and blazers vs lakers.

@ph i still think sheed is underrated though. he was the most valuable on that pistons squad i think. i suppose i think he’s have a kg like reputation while kg would be known as the best in the league

These are some donk takes bruh, look at the box scores of these games. Sheed averaged like 15 MPG less than the starters, and put up 3 points in game 3. He had a good game 4, and played 21 minutes in game 5.

These are some donk takes bruh, look at the box scores of these games. Sheed averaged like 15 MPG less than the starters, and put up 3 points in game 3. He had a good game 4, and played 21 minutes in game 5.

exactly why he’s underrated. box score stats are both insightful and misleading imo

you are probably right though. i just watched a youtube video and am making judgements

no talk about paul pierce live streaming strippers at his poker party on friday night? nba thread is slipping

Sixers down 24 at home to the grizzlies so I’m focused on that rn tbh

JJ continues to thrive with the Pels. 18/7/3 with 2 stl, 4 blk vs the Rockets. He’s putting up the types of stats he put up at Wake.

JJ has put up solid numbers until he doesn't. His problem has always seemed to be his focus.

If I were in T'wolves management, I'd take the local hero Suggs over Cade Cunningham. Barring injury, they are both going to be stars, but the team needs to build a fan base.

yeah, feels like JJ has had several hot starts or hot stretches with many of the teams he's been with, but never strings things together too long

Streakiest all-time player? Jeff Green comes to mind

Can you help us out with a copy and paste?

Back