• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

The Spurs with another awful loss to a team without key starters. Got destroyed in the 3rd by the Nuggets without Jamal Murray. In the last few weeks, they've lost to the Hornets without Zeller, the Clippers without Pat Bev and Ibaka, the Clippers without Kawhi, the Kings without Bagley, the Hawks without JC, the Pacers without Sabonis, the Cavs without Allen and Nance, Jr. Dropped from 6th to 9th over that stretch.

well they lost lemarcus aldridge for nothing.

He wasn't doing much. 22 points tonight though.

Random stat completely unrelated to CP beating the Jazz tonight.

Deron Williams last played in the NBA in 2017 for the Cavs. He averaged 7.5 pts in 20 games. His last All-Star game was in 2012. LOL Illinois indeed.

Last edited:
stat last night in the Nuggets game showed that Jokic's streak of 33 straight games with 5+ assists is longer than the next two guys -- Wall and Westbrook -- combined

after watching the Jazz last night, I was not surprised to learn that Jordan Clarkson is #7 in the NBA in FGA/36 minutes

If the Suns remain in the Top 4 in the west, CP3 should be unanimous MVP.

This may not be relevant, but the books and the bettors don't believe in the Suns at all.

Despite the 2nd best record (36-14) and the 2nd best point differential in the NBA (almost 7 a game), there are 8 NBA teams with better (substantially) odds to win the NBA title. Currently (on Draft Kings), the Suns are 36-1 to win the title (that's barely ahead of Boston and Dallas, who are struggling to play .500 basketball). The Nets are 2.5 to 1, the Lakers 3.5 to 1, Clips are 6 to 1 and the Jazz are 7.5 to 1. I get that the NBA pretty much has the same players in the NBA finals every year; as a result, everyone expects LeBron v. Durant or Leonard v. Durant; so, the Suns with Paul, Booker and Ayton are disrespected, by all at this point despite their record. Even so, I see value in the Suns. Took the 36 to 1, and it will be probably lose, but don't see that those other teams have 5, 6, 10 or even 14 times a better chance than the Suns do.

There are a lot of reasons for the Suns to be that low. Their young stars have never made a run. They will have to go through lots of tough teams before even getting to the Finals. If they get there, the favorite will likely be waiting.

I may not agree with 36-1, but 25-1 would make sense. Remember, if the bookies don't think a team can win but can attract bets, putting a higher number on them will draw more bets. More bets means more wins for the bookies.

Always better to be on a team before the masses. Don't see value in the Nets, Lakers or Clippers right now. There is value in the Suns at those odds. Hit on $100 bet and you $3600. No chance I'm risking almost $1500 on Crazy Kyrie, Harden with a bad hammy and Steve Nash in his first rodeo to win the same amount.

Always better to be on a team before the masses. Don't see value in the Nets, Lakers or Clippers right now. There is value in the Suns at those odds. Hit on $100 bet and you $3600. No chance I'm risking almost $1500 on Crazy Kyrie, Harden with a bad hammy and Steve Nash in his first rodeo to win the same amount.

Which is exactly what the bookies want you to think and do. They need to make it hard for you to turn down a bet they want you to make. Getting people to bet on the Suns or other teams whom they don't think will win helps pay off the bigger bets they have to pay.

Just doesn’t seem like a smart move to bet Chris Paul will make the Finals over Lebron and Kawhi. The assumption is teams will be healthy and rested for the playoffs. That’s your explanation.

I never know if I'm watching Aron Baynes, Alex Len, or Jonas Valanciunas until I see the back of their jersey

I would give the Suns higher odds of getting bounced in the first round than winning the championship.

CP3 is the Phillllllip Rivers of the NBA. Great regular season stats but a loser when it matters and whines like a bitch more than any other player (though Embiid may chase him down for that title in a few years). He isn’t winning a damn thing until he goes somewhere where he is the 3rd or lower option.

Sure. It’s more likely in general and if the last three teams are the Blazers, Mavs, and Warriors, they’ll have the best player on the court vs the Suns.

Sure. It’s more likely in general and if the last three teams are the Blazers, Mavs, and Warriors, they’ll have the best player on the court vs the Suns.

I would give the Suns higher odds of getting bounced in the first round than winning the championship.

CP3 is the Phillllllip Rivers of the NBA. Great regular season stats but a loser when it matters and whines like a bitch more than any other player (though Embiid may chase him down for that title in a few years). He isn’t winning a damn thing until he goes somewhere where he is the 3rd or lower option.

Or if a game 7 series winner over Tim Duncan with 1 second left to go doesn't do it for ya, I'll take a buzzer beater against Tony Allen (I think me and Apetit were at this game)

"When it matters" I'm fairly sure Chris Paul is statistically the most "clutch" NBA player in the league over the past 15 years, much more so than Lebron or Kobe, for example. He has one really donk play vs OKC (I was at that game too). For the most part, the dude has had very very bad injury luck in the playoffs for either him or his teammates. I mean they were up 3-2 on the warriors when he pulled a Hammy, he pulled another Hammy vs OKC, broke a finger another playoffs, lost Blake another playoffs, etc.

Last edited:
It's fairly amazing that only TNT has been able to figure out the formula of how to make sports halftime/pregame shows interesting.

if PHX can pull off wins vs Jazz and the clips on a b2b that'd be impressive. And Ayton is a very good player, but man it's hard not to think of a Booker/Doncic backcourt being 24 and 22.

This Carmax Kelly Oubre commercial is hilarious

Back