• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Beal isn't getting dealt. This is from an article today on ESPN.com about NBA trade candidates:

"I think it would have to be pressure from him and his agent to do so, and it sounds to me like that won't happen until after the season, if at all," a Western Conference executive said.

Another West exec was even more adamant when asked the same question.

"Zero," they said, referring to the chances Beal is dealt before next month's trade deadline. "That's what they keep saying. They've been adamant they're not moving him."

But while Beal is expected to stay put, there are some players who could be on the move.

with the expanded playoffs and higher-than-usual parity this year, my gut says there are fewer teams selling this year

The Wizards have two elite guards and young players they like. Makes sense to stay the course and keep Beal happy.

with the expanded playoffs and higher-than-usual parity this year, my gut says there are fewer teams selling this year

I would agree with you 100% if there were fans in the stands. The amount they get for making the 7-10 play in may not be a big check.

However, because of the expanded play-ins, the price for good players may be inflated.

Embiid with 31 in the first half tonight vs the Blazers

Y'all calling him EmbiidVP or something like that yet? Lots of him or Jokic buzz.

EmbiidP seems the logical choice. Was this ascendancy inevitable or does Doc get partial credit

EmbiidP seems the logical choice. Was this ascendancy inevitable or does Doc get partial credit

He’s in better shape and has more shooters around him. That’s basically it

Sixers stopped playing at halftime.

Dubs 107-95 vs. Dallas...with two minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I think I might be the defensive player of the game there tonight.

And Lebron has come out against an All-Star Game. Shit hit the fan. We’ll see how this plays out.

Getting in good shape and adding shooters was key, but he's really worked on his game too. His midrange is really nice this year, and he's above 40% from three. I still feel like for as dominant as his defense is he gets outworked by great offensive rebounders. That's maybe the biggest flaw in his game to me at this stage.

one thing that has impressed me about Embiid this year is his tools to finish around the rim: physical fighting through fouls, crafty shots off the glass, soft touch where needed

Here they come

An outstanding 3rd quarter tonight won this one

Refs were serious no fun police throwing around technicals left and right

Sixers had three players with three steals

Harden with a cool -18

Steph is still scary good. But I'm sitting here thinking Luka is going to be even better than Steph when he's Steph's age.

I've got Luka/Hardaway vs. Steph/Draymond in fantasy and I'm getting killed. Luka had 42/7/11 and Steph had 57/2/5. Draymond had a Draymond line with 2/6/15/6/4. He only took 2 shots in 37 minutes.

It's a shame it looks like the Lakers are the obvious favorites.

Last edited:
So CP3 (union rep) vs. Bron (all world) for all-star game.

I rarely watch the all-star game but these guys need to play (the season) to get paid. I'd be doing everything I could to keep fans engaged. I know it's tough having to play a lot of games in a short period of time, but it's not like they are working at $15/hr at Amazon.

They're going to play, but they won't be enthusiastic about it.

I'm going to watch, but I won't be enthusiastic about it.

Townie - How's Doc doing as the Sixers coach this year?

Back